• Welcome to SVTPerformance!

Seat upgrade alternatives to Ford Recaros?

Discussion in 'Interior and Exterior' started by matt5058, Mar 13, 2019.

1. matt5058

matt5058 Member Established Member

I'm sure I'm not the only person who regrets not getting the Recaro seats when I bought my Mustang. Seeing as how they are crazy expensive to buy now, I'm wondering what other seats people have bought/installed and your experiences have been. I'd love to get some better seats for my 2014 but paying $2500+ for used Ford Recaros is a bit too much to stomach. I don't need a full-on racing seat but something more solid and comfortable than the stock seats would be nice.

I came across TMI and some of their seat options for the 11-14 look pretty nice but I haven't much in the way of reviews.

2013-14 Mustang - Browse By Vehicle - Ford

So basically, if you've switched seats and found a decent/affordable alternative to the Ford Recaros, please feel free to share photos and your experiences/thoughts. Thanks. :D

2. 04YellowGT

04YellowGT Active Member Established Member

matt5058 likes this.
  3. scotp71

scotp71 New Member Established Member

I swear I logged on here to make this post and found that you had the exact same train of thought that I did. So even though I didn't buy my car new, I'm still in the same boat at this point. I love the look of the Recaro's but it just seems like you can get an equally good (or maybe even better) seat for less money. Surely someone out there has done this already?

matt5058 likes this.
  4. matt5058

For some reason I didn't get any notice when these replies came in.

04yellowgt - I think those look intriguing and the price seems reasonable for a pair but I'd definitely like to at least sit in them and see if I fit in them well.

scotp71 - yeah, I haven't seen a lot of examples, even on instagram, where folks have racing/racing style seats that are different than the factory Recaros.

BTW, given your avatar, I figure maybe you'd appreciate my license plate frame. :cool: I got by DudeStang on some of the other forums.

IMG-6504.jpg

5. matt5058

So I went to the American Muscle show in Maple Grove this weekend. Lots of awesome Mustangs but I saw this one that he these pretty badass looking seats. I thought that the logo said TMI in the middle, and indeed, there are some similar style seats on TMI's website here, though they are in the universal section rather than the Ford section so I don't know how well their brackets work. I wish I could have talked to the owner of this car but nobody was around when I was checking it out.
    IMG-7608.JPG IMG-7609.JPG

6. 04YellowGT

04YellowGT Active Member Established Member

Those look nice but those bottom side bolsters are steep. Seems like it would be a PITA to get out of.

7. matt5058

Yeah, I'd definitely have to try them out in person before purchasing anything like that.

I reached out to TMI and confirmed they are the TMI Pro-Razor Sport X Highback Sport Seats 47-9933RL-6525-RS-SGR

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/tip-2110

$480.99 a piece - not bad compared to some others.

8. RusWolf

RusWolf Active Member Established Member

I have these seats with some custom colors that been sitting on the shelf for like a year already waiting to be installed.

I think they are a good alternative to stock recaros and you will keep the power option.

Sport-XR Seat Upholstery - 2011-12 Mustang

9. Schmity

Schmity Member Established Member

Not sure if this thread is still going but I went with the pro viper junior series seats in my 2013 and was pretty happy with the result. The only complaint I have is that they are pretty tight for people with broader shoulders. Also I had to modify the seat brackets some by welding some flat iron to allow the mounting holes to align properly...

Here are some pics:

Schmity