Seat options

hailstate94

Established Member
Just got told by the dealership that it’d cost $1300 to replace the motor in my driver seat. Any fairly cheap comfortable aftermarket seat recommendations?

nyuk98GT

Established Member
hailstate94:

I would see what motors are available on the interwebs. Some clever soul has replaced the seat motor so lurk/search a few forums to see what turns up. What does Tasca or Tousley or Rock Auto charge for a new motor? Geez, $1300 sounds like it would buy the whole seat bracket, lol.

***start of edit
N/M. I found a link for a seat motor but it does not fit a +2011. The power assembly/track is $680 on line. The motor is part of the whole assembly and almost impossible to find by itself. The track is cheaper than two new front seats if you do the work yourself.
***end of edit

Chris

Last edited:

jazz05

Established Member
Talk to local wreckers buy a seat with a blown airbag for 1-200 bucks tops and pull the motor

hailstate94

Established Member
I appreciate the replies. I think I’ll just look for a wrecked car. Might be selling soon anyway. It’ll be interesting to see what I can get for a 100k mi car lol

jazz05

Established Member
If u were closer i would just send u one, i have a bunch of extra seats and a couple tracks

hailstate94

Established Member
If u were closer i would just send u one, i have a bunch of extra seats and a couple tracks
Is it possible to separate the actual seat and put it on a new motor/ bottom portion. (sorry not mechanically inclined). Have an unexpected kid on the way and gonna have to get rid of the car before long

jazz05

Established Member
Is it possible to separate the actual seat and put it on a new motor/ bottom portion. (sorry not mechanically inclined). Have an unexpected kid on the way and gonna have to get rid of the car before long
Ya its a bit of work but not terrible, grab a service dvd off ebay for details

Users who are viewing this thread