Seat options for a vert

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
hey guys, really need some help here. stock seats are toast, looking for a set of seats up front for under a grand if possible and since i have a bland all tan interior, something close to saddle as possible.

ive decided that i dont want to waste my time reupholstering the stock seats since it'll cost about the same after i buy covers/foam/tools and i have to waste my time doing it too, wtf is the point?

for aftermarket, what ive found is:

1. corbeau sport seat in tan but the color slightly off. no word on fitment.

2. TMI's perfectly match saddle pro-chicane seat which the claim wont fit because of the seat tensioner behind the seat. 99+ verts dont have this problem due to the redesign of the seat belt. ive considered swapping over to 99+ belts but the belt color would be charcoal vs black and i really dont know how obvious this would be, plus its extra cost. i really want to use these seats though.

are there any other seats that might fit that arent a complete waste of my time? im looking to make a decision very soon as my driver seat is legit hurting me to sit in for over 15 minutes.

any input or suggestions are welcomed, thanks.

boost88

Established Member
My vote is the corbeau. They make a good product. They also sell specific brackets which is nice.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

boost88

Established Member
I've seen countless complaints about their quality and fading as well.
Really? A friend of mine put a set in his new edge a few years back and they've seen to have help up ok. I guess its possible things go down hill.

I liked the fact they had specific brackets. I've heard the universal stuff can be a pain sometimes.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
so, ive decided im gonna chance it and try the TMI seats. after comparing stock seats to the very few pics of these seats installed, ive come to the conclusion that the warning about not using them in verts is more about TMI covering their butts from bad reviews due to the seat sliding too far back.

the tmi seats will fit in a coupe so theyll bolt in the vert just fine. i really looked hard and eyeballed stock seat vs tmi seat differences best i could from pics online. worst case scenario, theyll only go as far back as stockers do and thats good enough for me. they dont sit lower than stock and that doesnt matter if they did since its rear clearance thats the issue. the TMI seat back is basically identical in appearance to the stock seat.

ill update this thread when i get the seats in, whether they fit or not. if they dont fit, ill take pics of why they dont. wish me luck.

ccq8le

Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Party Liquor Posse
Are you talking about the saddle "sport race pro chicane"?

Or do they make another saddle color type?

I am definitely wanting to see them when you get them so please do post up pics.

TMI kind of forces you to buy the set and it bugs me how they don't just do a driver seat on there stuff. I did my terminator interior and at thY time I had to buy all front and back seat skins and I really only needed the drivers....

Good info. Keep us posted for sure !

Sent from my SM-G965U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

xblitzkriegx

Established Member
Apparently TMI Pro Chicane seats are hand made to order from CJP and there is a TEN WEEK lead time. This thread is going to marinate until mid January it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread