Seat issue

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Drove my car for the first time this year and I noticed my drivers side seat kind of rocks back and fourth slightly. It looks like the seat frame is bolted down tight to the frame but the seat wobbles / moves / rocks slightly. Anyone else experience this?

Comp04svt

Established Member
Yes I have, and a few others too. Take a look at this thread that's a few pages back. https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/rocking-loose-driver-seat.1164638/ I posted in here what took care of the rocking seat for mine, and posted a picture of what bolts to look at. What fixed mine didn't work for a couple of the guys in there, but it's definitely worth a look.

GM2Ford

Established Member
Drove my car for the first time this year and I noticed my drivers side seat kind of rocks back and fourth slightly. It looks like the seat frame is bolted down tight to the frame but the seat wobbles / moves / rocks slightly. Anyone else experience this?

I have as well. In my case, it ended up being loose fasteners to the bracket that the seat mounts too (driver seat).

Since this is a relatively easy thing to inspect, I’d suggest having someone manipulate the seat which exposes the movement while you thoroughly inspect what’s going on.

Pretty simple.

Should be a fun little task, either alone or with a helper. Let’s us know what you find.

Users who are viewing this thread