seat back bent

bossracer

Established Member
just picked up a clean 01. The drivers seat frame seems bent. Perhaps the previous owner pushed up against the console or pushed on his left foot or something. It's not bad, but something is definitely amiss on the seat back.

Anyone seen this before?

Blade Runner

Texas; We'll kick ur ass!
Established Member
I dunno about the SN-95's, but I remember it was a pretty big problem with Foxes, especially 'verts..... On the ones that I've seen, the right side of the seat would lean back more than the left, ala "Gangsta" style, or the "Gangsta Lean". I think it had to do with the welds in the seatback breaking due to the constant stress of being un-equally "loaded", and a new seatback frame had/has to be installed to correct the issue...

bossracer

Established Member
that sounds like exactly the issue. I'll take it all apart soon and see if I can weld it. I would think the frames are mild steel.

Anyone know?

cobraracer46

Banned
I believe that with more and more Americans being out of shape and grossly overweight, especially in the south, I would suspect that the previous owner driver of the Cobra was a fat f*** and a result, the seat frame flexed under the excessive weight.:fart:

bossracer

Established Member
a reasonable conclusion. But incorrect in this instance. Unless he skinny'd up a bunch.

I actually bent it back to almost the correct position today. I don't think the frame is broken. I'm going to give it another manual adjustment and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread