Searching for a Sonic Blue

LS WUT

Established Member
What’s up guys, so I’ve been having a hard time with this question. Looking for some input. I have a 2003 black cobra coupe which I drive often. 60k miles. Next I have my 2003 Oxford White cobra coupe with 19k miles. My black one is bone stock, so I’d return my white one back to bone stock before I’d sell it. I have found a 2003 Sonic Blue coupe at Championship Auto in NC. They want $30,499 with 5 owners and 75k miles. Obviously it’s at a dealer so I’m sure it’s priced high. I guess my question would be what would you say my Oxford white coupe is worth? I know they made more Sonic Blue’s in 2003 than Oxford whites. However I can never truly find many Sonic Blue’s non Convertible I should say. Am I crazy for selling my white one, for a sonic? I’m on the fence. Any input would be great. Thanks in advance guys.

sonicx

Shredder N Cheddar
Established Member
I’d say keep looking. You can find a lower mileage one for around the same price. And as my name suggests im a sb gut myself, that’s hard for me to tell someone to pass as I think everyone needs a sb (best color).

LS WUT

Established Member
I’d say keep looking. You can find a lower mileage one for around the same price. And as my name suggests im a sb gut myself, that’s hard for me to tell someone to pass as I think everyone needs a sb (best color).
Always wanted a sonic. Could never find one, that’s been my biggest issue thus far. If I could have found one I would have bought it.

LS WUT

Established Member
Keep the white one. Hard to match with a SB and the same miles.
Think I should just sell the black coupe instead? I’ve had them for a bit. So I’d be unsure what I could sell the black one for either. Don’t think anyone would trade a sonic for a black coupe.

PC03GT

Established Member
Finding a clean SB is hard to come by, seems like it's only gotten harder these days. How much would you sell the OW for??

Last edited:

LS WUT

Established Member
Well if I send I send you some photos maybe you could give me an idea of what you think it could possibly worth? This is why I’ve got, I’d return to stock to help someone have a fresh canvas.

This is a very clean 19k mile cobra in Oxford white. These cars with low mileage are very hard to find and it's time for me to let it go. I'm the 3rd owner and did all of the modifications except for the exhaust and pulley swap.

It just has some basic mods like intake, polished magnaflow exhaust, off road x pipe, 2.8 pulley, tune and billetflow idler pulleys.

This car has the updated cylinder heads with 9 thread spark plug inserts.

I also painted the valve covers white and coil covers in a satin black with machined powered by svt letters. I Powdercoated the blower tensioner bridge in gloss black as well as the auxiliary idler bracket.

Trans now has the 26 spline input shaft upgrade and billet throw out bearing sleeve, 26 spline spec stage 3+ clutch, pro 5.0 short shifter, double hook clutch quadrant, and a firewall adjuster.

Has twin Ford gt pumps with the pprv delete, and sct tuner.

Wheels are 18 x 9 and 18 x 10 chrome SVE wheels with Mickey Thompson drag radials on the back. Also has welded subframe connectors.

phils04gt

Established Member
Think there was low mile, stock, OW on ebay with 20k miles, had a reserve of 40, I believe, but didn't get there. Think it got up to mid 30s.

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I would hold on to that white one.

Sell the black one if you need to make room for the SB.

30k for a 75k mile car is still insane to me, but I guess that's where the market is.

Everytime I think about selling mine, I'm reminded on how hard they are to find.

Good luck with your search!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

LS WUT

Established Member
I would hold on to that white one.

Sell the black one if you need to make room for the SB.

30k for a 75k mile car is still insane to me, but I guess that's where the market is.

Everytime I think about selling mine, I'm reminded on how hard they are to find.

Good luck with your search!

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
That’s what I’m saying. Market seems to be all over the place. Wild to me they made more sonic, than Oxford. Yet you can’t find a sonic to save your life. That’s where my trouble has been. I love them both. I always wanted a black coupe, or a sonic. I’ve had a few now. Never could get my hands on a sonic, I think it’s time to add one. Currently yes, I’ve got many cars that I’d like to keep garaged, and nice. Even had a member offer me $45k for my 13 Shelby with 60k miles. Considered it for room. Then thought How hard it would be to replace the same one I have. Thank you for the advice. Much obliged.

LS WUT

Established Member
E90A82A5-8036-4088-8B2A-05CD4C624BD9.jpeg

What's the black one look like?

phils04gt

Established Member
I don't think you will find anyone to trade you for a sonic for the colors you have. Now is the time to sell one of them if you are planning on getting top $. Put them on Ebay with a reserve. You might get some good bites.

phils04gt

Established Member
There is a guy in for sale 03/04 area looking for Oxford white and another guy with sonic blue with few k miles on it for 60k.

LS WUT

Established Member
I don’t have social media. Facebook etc, otherwise I’d probably bet more interest in my cars. However I understand what you mean about someone not reading a sonic for an Oxford white, or even a black coupe. Which I get. Ill see what I can get that dealer down to from their $30k asking price for a sonic with 75k mikes, and 5 owners. I bought my 13 Shelby from them. So maybe we can work something out.

muscleatsrice

Established Member
If I had to pick, I’d sell the black one to fund the sonic blue search .

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Joe5.0

Established Member
I would hold onto the Oxford White and offload the black car to help fund a Sonic Blue car. Like you mentioned low mileage, mildly modified 03/04 Oxford White cars are beginning to be very hard to find and are a desirable color. 19,000 miles with the mods you described that car is a 34,500$-39,500$ car in my opinion all day in the current market. Sell the black one! Good luck on you’re search.

Users who are viewing this thread