SCTx4 to nGuage

May93

Established Member
I currently use a SCTx4 on my 2007 GT500 that has the basic bolt ons.

However I recently upgraded to a 2013/14 Trinity SC and for the ease of tuning and data logging I’m upgrading to a Lund nGuage and ZT2 kit.

That leads to my question regarding the SCTx4. I bought it new and still have the original box it came in. Is it something that I can sell or is forever locked to my car? It was purchased new by myself through LethalPerformance with a Lund Tune.

I plan to load my stock tune from the SCTx4 back on my car that I’ll then load back to the Lund nGuage once it arrives. However the Street, 91 and 93 performance tunes will still be on it.

I do all my own mechanical work but this tuning technology I’m still learning. Locked and unlocked seems to be the topic for resale and I thought they were all locked to one car.

Thanks for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blownstang4.6

Established Member
Yes. Return to stock and then I believe you have to go into the SCT program on your computer with the Xcal hooked up and unmarry/unlock it. That's what I did with my Xcal 2 and the next person had no issues. Will Lund not tune you unless you buy the ngauge from them? I'm pretty sure If you ever decide to go with another tuner they will not be able to tune you cause the ngauge will be married to Lund.

May93

Established Member
Yes. Return to stock and then I believe you have to go into the SCT program on your computer with the Xcal hooked up and unmarry/unlock it. That's what I did with my Xcal 2 and the next person had no issues. Will Lund not tune you unless you buy the ngauge from them? I'm pretty sure If you ever decide to go with another tuner they will not be able to tune you cause the ngauge will be married to Lund.

I’ve ran Lund Tunes on all my previous cars and now my current one with no issues. I’m ok with it being only Lund who can tune with their specific nGuage.

Hell I drive them crazy with so many questions that they probably wish I would leave. Lol

96gt02

Established Member
Just return your car to stock tune with the X4 and that will unlock it and you should be able to sell it for $200-250 easily.

May93

Established Member
Just return your car to stock tune with the X4 and that will unlock it and you should be able to sell it for $200-250 easily.

OK great and thanks. My next question was going to be what it was worth. I think I will put it for sale for 200+ shipping and hopefully it goes quickly.

Users who are viewing this thread