SCT XCAL update error

BOD89LX

Established Member
Does anybody know how to repair a XCAL I just went to update mine and it didn't complete it and the tuner says
System start up
Please wait
File system error
Needs to be reloaded

Onfi x 4 -bit

Now unit does not boot up wtf did I do to it????

BOD89LX

Established Member
The update didnt complete on mine and I had to reset the tuner which wiped out everything and I didnt get the firmware update so when I loaded the new tunes on the tuner they wouldnt upload to car and the tuner couldnt open the ecu. They did a remote sesson for me and had it fixed and the tunes reloaded on my tuner in about 5-10 minutes. So if you dont need the update dont download it or rear the update info on the SCT web site before you try it..... I am sure the problem was on my end for not following the instructions properly.

R U TRIPIN

Established Member
So this is the fix for those of you trying to program your car and the computer locks up. Hook up a battery charger to your car. For some reason when programming these cars it takes a while. When you are programming the car all the fans and pumps and what not come on cause it runs it through a check list of things. The reason for the battery charger is to keep the battery charged. The computer will notice a drop in voltage and cause the computer to lock up. We had this problem on another car. This solved the problem. Hope this helps you guys out.

Well I guess I should have read the whole post. Anyhow if you run into a problem when hooking it up to your. Try the battery charger.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread