Sct x4 help please

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra hooked up the tuner just to mess around put a tune on the car then updated the tuner now I can't go back to stock tune and I can't load a tune on the vehicle tuner says it's married to another vehocle which doesn't make sense cause I bought it new from American muscle called sct they were no help claimed the tuner lost my stock tune can anyone help me please

03Steve

Established Member
When you update the X4 SCT advises to put the PCM back to stock before performing the update. I would hope that they would work with you in this case. I would try contacting them again over e-mail, and escalate if you aren't getting anywhere.

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
They told me I need to get it reflashed from a dealer that i have to pay out of pocket for then send them the device to be unlocked cause the lost my stock tune file on the device

Last edited:

decipha

Established Member
man that really sucks

if you can do without the car for a couple days send me your ecu and your x4, i can copy your pats code out of your ecu and write it back to your stock tune and reflash it back to stock, i can try to force the x4 to write but its a crap shoot and may or may not work, we can free up the ecu though, let me know if your interested

btw, I would recommend getting a quarterhorse from moates.net and do realtime tuning on the cobra, its MUCH MUCH more advanced than what SCT offers and the best part is that its free

http://info.efidynotuning.com/fbfg2.htm

Jsantana91

Established Member
I have a 99 cobra hooked up the tuner just to mess around put a tune on the car then updated the tuner now I can't go back to stock tune and I can't load a tune on the vehicle tuner says it's married to another vehocle which doesn't make sense cause I bought it new from American muscle called sct they were no help claimed the tuner lost my stock tune can anyone help me please

Hey man I just went thru this exact same thing. Keep calling them you will get that one person to help you out. I ended up having to ship my X4 to them and they fixed it for free. Call them up again. I told SCT I applied the stock tune to the vehicle and all went good. As soon as I tried to do the update the X4 failed and I got the error married to another vehicle. It's a easy fix if your SCT is in perfect working order. They can fix it over the lap top. I will pm you a contact.

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
They said the sct is linked to an 11 mustang and told me they won't do it remotely they told me they'd fix it for free if I got it flashed back to the stock tune I just don't understand with all this technology why they can't fix it remotely and why I should have to pay out of pocket to get it flashed when it was there device that messed my car up

Jsantana91

Established Member
They said the sct is linked to an 11 mustang and told me they won't do it remotely they told me they'd fix it for free if I got it flashed back to the stock tune I just don't understand with all this technology why they can't fix it remotely and why I should have to pay out of pocket to get it flashed when it was there device that messed my car up

So did you connect it to a 2011 mustang? They told me the same thing but they ran a check and found out my X4 has only been connected to my car. So they either want the dealer to do a ECU flash or charge you an unlock fee? Ryan over at BAMA has contacts at SCT maybe they can help?

Cobragixxer9994

Established Member
No never been on an 11 mustang yea basically one or the other bama directed me straight to sct they didn't give me any information on the check they did just that it lost my stock tune file

Jsantana91

Established Member
No never been on an 11 mustang yea basically one or the other bama directed me straight to sct they didn't give me any information on the check they did just that it lost my stock tune file

I would honestly give SCT another try. Someone will help you. There's a lot of people working at SCT not willing to help. But all u need is that one person that will start your claim and you'll be good. Idk who you talked to at BAMA but I've dealt with Ryan for about 4 months and he's always been willing to help and go above and beyond. If you never connected your device to a 2011 u gotta make that clear to them. I dealt with what you're going thru and I let calling and calling the first guy blew me off and said I need to pay to unmarry the device when it was clearly their fault. Ron the last person that helped me tried everything before he got me a warranty exchange device.

Users who are viewing this thread