Sct x4 doesn't recognize key in "on" position

KAK85

Can't get car (07 mustang gt) out of programming mode since failed tune loading. Can't even return to stock because SCT X4 is not acknowledging that the key is on. I've disconnected the battery, tried my other key, called it a c*********, but nothing changes. Obd scanner isn't able to communicate with the car either. I did notice a single "beep" when reconnecting the battery. What else do you need to know to tell me what I need to know to get my pony running again? Currently no pc available to me.

Last edited:

KAK85

I'm not sure why it failed, I think the obd cable might have been loose. I don't recall seeing an error message but I remember thinking it finished really fast.

decipha

Established Member
That's a negative.

Almost impossible to brick a ford ecu. You certainly cannot do it with commercial tuning devices.

The handheld should have recognized that the flash failed and should allow you to return it to stock. If not call them and they will do it.

I'm sure you've got this figured out by now but you do not need to replace the ecu. If SCT won't help which is highly unlikely then you can send the ecu and the xcal to any reputable tuner and they can reload the tune for you no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread