SCT X4 DEVICE COMM ERROR

etp2828

Established Member
I have an sct x4 and it just started showing this error yesterday and now I can't do anything with my device. I looked on the website and even followed their directions for clearing the DCE. When I goto the device setting and serial number nothing shows up for me to clear the DCE. Is this suppose to show up automatically or is there something I'm doing wrong? The site said I will see it. I haven't seen it yet.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

CobraSam

Established Member
I recall the last time my device was acting up, I did a software update and it worked fine after that. Worth a shot.

etp2828

Established Member
So the funny thing it updated everything but the tune revision part and still shows the device comme error. At the end of the updating part it just says error and failure to update. Please try again.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Just went through this. I ended up calling SCT to have them walk me through fixing it. Unfortunalty it was bricked. I sent it to SCT and then repaired / replaced for $100. You'll probably just want to call SCT tech support.

etp2828

Established Member
Yeah thats what I may have to do. Hopefully they can do something for me over the phone.

etp2828

Established Member
So I know people want to do everything to not void their warranty, but i got this tuner for cheap and I was reading an f350 forum and a guy replaced his battery and formatted the sd card thats inside the tuner and it worked for him. I figured since mine is far from being under warranty, why not. I did and it works fully again.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
So I know people want to do everything to not void their warranty, but i got this tuner for cheap and I was reading an f350 forum and a guy replaced his battery and formatted the sd card thats inside the tuner and it worked for him. I figured since mine is far from being under warranty, why not. I did and it works fully again.

They did extend the warranty on certain hand helds because of the battery / SD card issue. call before you crack the device open.

Users who are viewing this thread