SCT X3 Unlocks left 5

hot66

66 mustang 4.6 4v
Established Member
SCT X3( 5 Unlocks left)

I have Sct x3 tuner that I bought long time ago for my car but never used it. It has 5 unlocks left That means You get 5 unlocks, when ever you hook up the SCT device to a differenttear It recognizes a different VIN #, this will make the SCT to use one unlock. So after you get your own custom tunes and load them on your car,the SCT device will recognize this and use one unlock and then it will have 4 unlocks left. So if you use the device on 4 other FORD vehicles to tune them, it will use up the unlocks and the device will have to be sent back to SCT to reset the unlocks .

I will post pictures soon. I don't know how much these cost nowadays so please pm me your offer or tell me here and I will send u my PayPal info. It need to go ASAP

Last edited:

hot66

66 mustang 4.6 4v
Established Member
There is nothing that says married or unmarried on the device. All it says unlocks left 5. After researching I found that this device can tune 5 cars and that's all I know.if anyone know more info please let me know

Last edited:

hot66

66 mustang 4.6 4v
Established Member
keep scrolling down
after unlocks, it should have married info

There is nothing like that in my sct !! I tried to find that option but it's nowhere to be found. All I see is unlocks left 5. Is there anyway I could see that married or not married option ?

From my researches

As long as it has "1 unlock left" you will be able to use the device on your car.If the SCT device has "0 unlocks left", then it will need to be sent back to SCT to be reset for a fee ($65). Every time you use a SCT device to tune a different vehicle, it recognizes the different VIN number and uses up one of the "unlocks left". When you power up the SCT device, the amount of "unlocks" will be in the device info screen.

Last edited:

hot66

66 mustang 4.6 4v
Established Member
I want 100$ for it. Your pm was replied yesterday. Pm again so I can give u the PayPal info

Users who are viewing this thread