SCT x3/SF3 from 6.0 PSD on my 2000 GT?

SCRILLA13

Established Member
A buddy of my just sold his '07 6.0 PSD that he had an SCT tuner on. He returned the truck to stock when he sold it and now has the tuner for sale. I'm not sure which one he has so I looked up the product #'s for the X3 and SF3 for his truck and my car and the #'s match. I would think it would work but I just wanted to double check. Any ideas? :shrug:

p.s. I tried calling SCT directly but gave up after being on hold for 20 min :sleeping:

Last edited:

01yellercobra

Established Member
From what I understand the tuners are the same across the vehicles. It's just the tunes that are different. I would think that if you get a tune for your car it should work just fine.

SCRILLA13

Established Member
yea thats what I was thinking. I'm new to the tuner thing so, if I do buy the tuner, would I then have to buy tunes or will the preloaded tunes still be available. I know the tuner will come with some preloaded tunes I'm just wondering if I will still be able to access them since the tuner was used on a previous vehicle. Or does returning the first vehicle to stock reset the tuner?

01yellercobra

Established Member
The tunes that came with the tuner will still be available. But they're not going to work on your car. I'd talk to a tuner and see what they would charge for a tune. Maybe they can hook you up with a canned tune for a decent price.

SCRILLA13

Established Member
My buddy wants $200 for his... do you think would I be better off just getting one from AM with a Bama Tune for $380? Right now I only have a CAI, o/r x, and catback.

01yellercobra

Established Member
It really depends on how much someone will charge you for a tune. If you can maybe update the tuner through SCT and get a tune for your car then it would be worth it. But if they're still going to want $200 for a tune, then yeah, I'd just buy a new one from AM.

Users who are viewing this thread