Sct X2 help...

mattl150

Hi guys. ive installed lockouts in my f150 phasers. Bought a custom tune for it and im getting a wrong ecm type error code on my x2. Tuner worked fine with my other tunes and now its fighting me. Called sct and they tried to download the x2 update to redo my firmware and there program is no good, its missing something. Does anyone have the program or info on what is going on with the erroe.. Thanks Matt

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Can you load your old tune? If so I'd say your tuner messed up writing the tune. Should be an easy fix for them.

SCT is no longer supporting the X2. Last time I asked they didn't even have the software. Which makes me wonder if they tried to use X3 software. You didn't try to update it did you?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you load your old tune? If so I'd say your tuner messed up writing the tune. Should be an easy fix for them.

SCT is no longer supporting the X2. Last time I asked they didn't even have the software. Which makes me wonder if they tried to use X3 software. You didn't try to update it did you?

This. I’ve seen tuners accidentally change the ecm strategy, serial number etc... all of which will prevent it from loading

mattl150

hi guys .. thanks that link is were he tried to install from and there was a dll error. no good. He also made a stock tune while i was on the phone with him and it loaded into my x2 fine but got the same error when i went to put it in the truck. no didnt update it. I want to wipe it out and reinstall the firmare and see if thats what is wrong. Thanks..

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
Unfortunately you're not going to be able to do that with the X2. It's just too old. After I unlocked my Xcal2 from my old car it suddenly stopped acting right. It showed up as unlocked in the software, but wouldn't communicate with my new car. SCT said they don't support it anymore. If you're old tune will no longer load up I'd start shopping for a used X3.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
What year vehicle is it going on?
I know the xcal 2 wont support features on alot of the newer pcm.

Users who are viewing this thread