Sct strategy tunes

Dig Race

Established Member
So I have a 2011 mt 5.0. I just picked up a airaid intake and I already had a sct 3015 tunner. I know I can use a strategy tune for the airaid but I'm worried about it being lean or #8 issues. Has anybody used the stategy tunes with just an intake? I do plan on getting a custom tune just waiting on exhaust.

Dig Race

Established Member
I know a custom tune is better but is the sct one bad to the point that it will hurt my car? I'm not beating on it every time I drive it.

Shaun@AED

The Newer SCT Strategy tune (do an update and you should receive it) is a safe tune. It was re-written about a year and a half ago by one of my buddies to ensure good dyno power without being overly aggressive and causing engine damage.
We've tested that tune on my chassis dyno on a stock 2013GT and my custom tune put down 4hp more peak, but the AED tune ran 3MPH faster at the track run back to back with the SCT strategy tune (due to torque management features).

In other words the SCT tune will make good / safe power on premium fuel, but there is more in performance from a custom tune.

Dig Race

Established Member
Thanks! That's the kind of answer I wanted. I know A custom will make more power but I'm not going to get one till a little later on. Just wanted to be safe.

Users who are viewing this thread