SCT strategy tune question

CJW04Redfire

Established Member
So I have the SCT device included in the picture. Just wondering what are the best options for a pullied cobra (Exhaust and CAI).I am currently saving/searching for a custom tune.
Looking at lethal performance or Kurgan motorsports for the future, just want to make sure everything is safe in the meantime
The only changes I have on the ecu now are;

Fuel octane - 91 (my gas stations are all 92 )
Rear O2s - Off
WOT AFR - 2.0 richer
Everything else is setup as the default on the device. Anything helps thanks in advance !

Image.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I didn't think you could turn the rear O2's off on those anymore? Do you have a wideband in the car?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You'd know if you had a wideband. It would be a separate gauge with numbers at least. Without one I personally wouldn't mess with tuning anything. You'll need to pull the chip to use the hand held. If the car has a chip I'd guess it already has a custom tune. At which point leave it alone. If you're in contact with the tuner that wrote the tune on the chip you could always get a copy to load on the hand held and then ditch the chip.

I've had a few X3's and none of them had the option to turn off the rear O2's. I'm guessing it's been a while since your's has been updated. The only way I've seen to turn off the rear O2's for a while is through the tuning software.

CJW04Redfire

Established Member
You'd know if you had a wideband. It would be a separate gauge with numbers at least. Without one I personally wouldn't mess with tuning anything. You'll need to pull the chip to use the hand held. If the car has a chip I'd guess it already has a custom tune. At which point leave it alone. If you're in contact with the tuner that wrote the tune on the chip you could always get a copy to load on the hand held and then ditch the chip.

I've had a few X3's and none of them had the option to turn off the rear O2's. I'm guessing it's been a while since your's has been updated. The only way I've seen to turn off the rear O2's for a while is through the tuning software.
When I look for any custom tunes on the device their is not any. I can only change the settings in the strategy tune section. It says something about going online to sct and doing something when I click that option.
With that being said can I get a tune written and loaded onto this device ?

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
When I look for any custom tunes on the device their is not any. I can only change the settings in the strategy tune section. It says something about going online to sct and doing something when I click that option.
With that being said can I get a tune written and loaded onto this device ?

It probably wants you to do an update. Yes, if you go with a custom tune the tuner can load it onto this device.

Users who are viewing this thread