SCT SF3 problems

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I went to update my SCT SF3 to the current firmware and all. Car was returned to stock before the update. I go and update the firmware which takes about 35 minutes and all etc. All updates are successful and I go to upload my tunes from my email. Tunes load no problem.

I go to plug the SF3 into my car and it just sits on a menu screen saying "System start up please wait..." and at the bottom "ONFI x 4-bit" and it will not move off this screen plugged into my car or computer.

Image of the screen
053AF353-A743-40D8-BB0B-2C271842590C-2311-000001D168C3EB5E.jpg

Anyone else get stuck on this and get a solution?

Last edited:

5.0Trunk

Established Member
I have a similar error when i try to update the firmware. I guess I need to call SCT.

System Start UP
Please wait.
File system error
Needs to be reloaded

ONFI x 4-Bit

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
I don't get a system error message or anything. Just that screen.

Hopefully SCT can give it a hard reset remotely or something

mullens

Established Member
Why did you have to reload your tunes into the device? When I update my X3 firmware my tunes stay in the device. I wouldn't plug it into the car until you do a remote session with SCT. You don't want to chance frying your PCM.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
Why did you have to reload your tunes into the device? When I update my X3 firmware my tunes stay in the device. I wouldn't plug it into the car until you do a remote session with SCT. You don't want to chance frying your PCM.

I put the stock tune back on and went to upload new tunes because I just got an O/R H-pipe. When I went to put the new tune on it said I needed to update the firmware and when it was updating I went in the shower and when I came out the computer had gone into sleep mode and it was as if I had unplugged it and I got this error message. I don't plan on plugging it back into the car until I get the tunes on the SCT, but it doesn't look like the SCT hotline is open until Monday...great

mullens

Established Member
I put the stock tune back on and went to upload new tunes because I just got an O/R H-pipe. When I went to put the new tune on it said I needed to update the firmware and when it was updating I went in the shower and when I came out the computer had gone into sleep mode and it was as if I had unplugged it and I got this error message. I don't plan on plugging it back into the car until I get the tunes on the SCT, but it doesn't look like the SCT hotline is open until Monday...great

OH OK..

Don't sweat it. At least you didn't hurt you PCM. From personal experience I can tell you SCT is very helpful with this kind of stuff. They will stay on the phone with you for an hour if needed. The only problem is getting through sometimes. I'd call early in the day. Good luck.

Lethal302

Roar
Established Member
OH OK..

Don't sweat it. At least you didn't hurt you PCM. From personal experience I can tell you SCT is very helpful with this kind of stuff. They will stay on the phone with you for an hour if needed. The only problem is getting through sometimes. I'd call early in the day. Good luck.

Yeah I'll see what I can do...I can't exactly stay on the phone with them for an hour while I'm at work haha

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Forgot about this thread. Long story short, my SF3 wouldn't run the new firmware and crashed everytime it was powered up. Tired a remote restore session 3 times and all failed once the finalization of the update was in progress. Went back to SCT and got a new motherboard and all has been well. SCT was very helpful with this.

Users who are viewing this thread