SCT PRP multiple vehicle question

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
I currently own the SCT PRP software for my 03 Cobra AMZ2 code. If a friend with an 03 cobra AMZ2 has their own SCT tuner but not the PRP software, can I hook their tuner up to my PRP and load a tune on it or do they need to purchase the PRP software for themselves as well?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I would think that you'd need to buy a license to tune his Xcal.

Now theres a member that was recently selling his PRP package and Xcal separate from each other. I asked him didn't they need to be sold together as I'm pretty sure the Xcal is tied to the PRP. He said no and that he had upgraded from an Xcal 3 to an Xcal 4 and his PRP worked on both of them.

I was pretty sure when I had PRP that I had to give Don Lasota my Xcal serial number and assumed that was to tie the Xcal to my PRP setup.

svtguy

Established Member
I currently own the SCT PRP software for my 03 Cobra AMZ2 code. If a friend with an 03 cobra AMZ2 has their own SCT tuner but not the PRP software, can I hook their tuner up to my PRP and load a tune on it?

Yes, you can load your PRP tunes on multiple tuners. I've personally used my PRP software and loaded my tunes on 3 different X3 and tuned 3 different cars with my same code.

Paul.

fbody83

Z06 to Raped Ape
Established Member
In case anyone was curious, I received my friends xcal 3 yesterday and was able to load a tune to it from my PRP software.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
As you found out you can do it. But I wouldn't post it everywhere. The license you purchased from SCT is for one vehicle. If they find out you're tuning multiple vehicles they can take action against you. Years ago PRP users were able to send tunes through email like the professionals. SCT got wind of it and made it so we can't send tunes like that anymore.

Users who are viewing this thread