SCT LiveLink GenII problems

sask10

Established Member
Anyone have experience with firmware issues on SCT X3 and LiveLink. I am having trouble with the LiveLink Gen II software. I can only find the PIDs that my tuner requested if I do not validate the list but then when I start the datalog all the PIDs with the exception of 2(out of 17) say "failure to setup". If I validate the list then I can not find the correct PIDs requested. I have updated the firmware and device drivers several times. I emailed SCT and they figured a firmware issue and said I should call in but when I did I was 21st in que and setup all call back which didn't happen.

cj428mach

Established Member
Try using Livelink 6.5. For the actual setup and recording a run, it's much preferred.

I've always been told use 6.5 for logging and gen 2 for the histograms.

I personally use 6.5 for everything but LWFM table tuning.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Not to be the third guy saying the same but yeah old school to log (available to DL from Brookspeed [Google]) Gen II to look purdy for review, like CJ great for LWFM histo and a bit with MTF but excel is betterfor the latter.

As for the hold, you have to call early cause they stop at 5, I was place 30, took over a hour 45 minutes for a call back.

sask10

Established Member
I tried the LiveLink 6.5, same issue. Can't find the correct PIDs in the available list. Looks like I'm waiting for SCT to call me back. Thanks anyways.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
I did hear some issues with them not auto detecting the right processor code, but only know 03/04 stuff so not much help. Sorry my friend, good luck, they have decent customer service just takes forever.

Last edited:

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
Try using Livelink 6.5. For the actual setup and recording a run, it's much preferred.

I'm glad you told me to do it this way. I really like watching the data using GenII, but while datalogging it's much easier to see the readouts on the 6.5 version. I just got done doing another datalog with some more parameters, I just want to make sure everything is perfect.

Op, I'm assuming when your looking for the PIDS you have everything hooked up and ignition key turned on?

Last edited:

cj428mach

Established Member
I did hear some issues with them not auto detecting the right processor code, but only know 03/04 stuff so not much help. Sorry my friend, good luck, they have decent customer service just takes forever.

There is a strategy code you can type in that gets you way more than the typical key on auto detection code you normally get. I believe for the 03/04 Cobra it is FBGI0. At least for me I was always able to get way more pids this way I think over 200 more.

Maybe other cars are this way too.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Yup, that was the solution. I personally never had that issue as I can't use Gen II to log with my insanely outdated firmware. It was a guy on ModFords, his X4 was picking the wrong code he didn't realize it at first, typed in the right code like you said and good to go.

Users who are viewing this thread