SCT Issue!!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
I had a similar issue and they were able to fix it remotely. Tried to update it and the X3 crashed on me. I will never update my programmer again. It works fine as it is now. Get it fixed and ignore the updates.

I need to update it so that I can datalog for shaun. They already fixed it earlier today and it messed up again..

texaswrx

Established Member
I was able to update mine without issues, but damn it took forever. Always move your stock tune to your computer,for just such an issue. After updating mine, it removed the tunes from Bama that were stored on it. I just had them email the tune files again. I was also doing this to send logs to Shaun. Once everything was updated, I was able to use Livelink Gen2 to log files. Good luck!

ViciousJay

Established Member
I was able to update mine without issues, but damn it took forever. Always move your stock tune to your computer,for just such an issue. After updating mine, it removed the tunes from Bama that were stored on it. I just had them email the tune files again. I was also doing this to send logs to Shaun. Once everything was updated, I was able to use Livelink Gen2 to log files. Good luck!

didi you have any issues with LiveLink not finding certain stuff like it would find short term fuel 1 and not 2 :shrug:

SILV03MustangGT

Han Brolo CDR 5.Broliance
Established Member
didi you have any issues with LiveLink not finding certain stuff like it would find short term fuel 1 and not 2 :shrug:

GEN II is so buggy, thats how mine does it. there is a PID I think its MAF LB/MIN that will make ST1 not read but it will read ST2.

ViciousJay

Established Member
GEN II is so buggy, thats how mine does it. there is a PID I think its MAF LB/MIN that will make ST1 not read but it will read ST2.

Im so pissed off, i mean really SCT needs to get their shit together cuz you cant be trying to datalog with their product not working :mj: ****in SCT!!!!!

on a side note if anyone has Gen1 please PM ME, i need a copy!

Strpperpolef150

Established Member
Well after a few hours with the sct techs and calling evolution to get my tune file everything is now up to date and working finally! Ended up having to completely wipe the programmer and start from scratch but the sct guys were very helpful and patient with me.

texaswrx

Established Member

No. It did take me a while to find everything that needed to be logged, but that was my fault. I lugged my Dell Studio 17 into the car, as it was easier to work on.

On a side note, I about crapped my pants when I was updating, and it said 2600 files to update. This was using the SCT updater. My handheld was about a year old, and I never updated anything as the tunes were fine.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread