SCT For 2005 F-250 PSD

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
I was in pa and found a guy that will give me a sct tune for $450 and that is with a custom tune. he said that i will be putting down 450+ to the wheels. he did a stock dually with the sct and he put down 435rwhp and ran a low 14/high 13 q/t mile. is it worth it? i have a guy that will buy my Bully dog triple for 450? are the sct tunes that much better?? Just want a little advice. thanks

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
in your mind is the swap worth it? i mean how much does more does the sct offer compared to the bully dog? i am thinking about swapping if the price stays close to what im getting for my bully dog.

PSD

Established Member
right now sct has the best stuff out there for the 6oh's. There's even quite a few vendors that can upload custom tunes on the SCT. Yes from what ive heard the SCT beats out the bullydog stuff. However i have no personal experience with either, im stuck in a stoneage 7.3 :-D

Last edited:

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
thanks PSD. When you buy the sct from this guy he will create a custom tune for you at no extra charge. he plays with the fuel tables, tranny shift points, and all that stuff. and plus he is a very creditable man, he has trucks from all over the United States that he works on. He has his own 05 TWIN turboed cummings, 05 duramx, and 05 Powerstroke. he does everything to his own trucks before he sells it to you to make sure that it wont blow anything up. I think that i am going to make the swap. Then after that i am going for the a new torque converter and then a banks techni cooler system. thanks for all your help, ill let you know how it does this weekend.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
im thinking about going with the edge instead of the sct. Does anyone have any input on that? My friend has an 04 PSD that has the edge and that thing flies. I was just wondering what route i should go. Thanks

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
considered a custom flip-chip. Most of what I have seen their is more power to be made with a chip than a tuner.

Thats what i heard also but, at the same time i also heard that the tuners are alot more safe and reliable. because you can tune your tranny and engine to run the way you want it to and not how some box wants it to? I don't know anymore :shrug:

99cobrablack

Non-premium'
Established Member
You can have a tuner(man that tunes) tune whatever combos you want, to what you feel is safe, on the edge, or extreme. The only reason I don't have a custom chip is because I was new to new diesel tuning, where you didn't manually turn the fuel to the motor.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
99cobrablack said:
You can have a tuner(man that tunes) tune whatever combos you want, to what you feel is safe, on the edge, or extreme. The only reason I don't have a custom chip is because I was new to new diesel tuning, where you didn't manually turn the fuel to the motor.

Ahh, i see. I think im just going to keep the bully dog chip for now. I went wheel shopping and am currently in the process of buying a leveling kit, 35" Procomps, with 17" deep dish rims. :rockon:

PSD

Established Member
edge doesnt have any trans control, so likely your trans wont live a long time. SCT has trans control and a stock trans in good condition will last along time.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
PSD said:
edge doesnt have any trans control, so likely your trans wont live a long time. SCT has trans control and a stock trans in good condition will last along time.

I just ordered mine with the extreme power upgrades from innovativediesel.com. ive been told that they are very good and reliable. they said that i need to send them the processor code, the reflash code if it has been reflashed. all that i have ever had on it is the bully dog triple downloader. so has it been reflashed? i need this code and i have no idea what it is or where to find it. any help would be great. thanks.

!!!PainTrain!!!

Mattis for POTUS
Established Member
Well just an update... i now have a SCT custom tune by innovativediesel.com and my truck now runs like a raped ape. i can smoke the tires from a 25-35 roll. and also my truck smokes like a freight train. thanks for your help. just thought i would let you all know that i made the switch. thanks for your help and advice

Users who are viewing this thread