Sct error 110D8

budman5023

Established Member
So I was changing custom tunes and I get a error code 110D8. Then it asked me to put back to stock. Every time I try, I get the same error code. I was told by Sct if the volts are to low, it won't work properly. The batt is fully charged. I even tried a different batt, 2 batt, and using a charger on the batt with no success. I tried unplugging the batt and pcm for a while still no dice. Tried unplugging the supercharger coolant pump and radiator fan to pull less volts, still no. SCT tried to help with recovery tunes and updates and still nothing. I don't know what else to do, so I sent the car to my tuner. The car does start, but I don't know what tune is currently on the car. The 2 custom tunes are 6psi and 9psi. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

budman5023

Established Member
Ok so after checking fuses and checking grounds and resistance, and couldn't find anything wrong. So I changed the supercharger pulley back to the original one and tried to start and no dice. Then Jay just tried the programmer again and all of a sudden it worked. Was able to put the right tune for the pulley and fired right up. Wow what a PITA!!! I guess the fix is giggle and fiddle with fuses, wire harness, and pcm. Oh well.

MG0h3

Established Member
The software can be a little finicky in my opinion. Between uploading tunes to the handheld-then car-the logging sometimes the unit would freeze and I would have to close livelink and disconnect the tuner entirely to power it down before comms were established.

Toplait

Established Member
I know this is an old post but Id figure Id continue on this thread: Same error Code with the SCT Bully Dog tuner.

After updating the tuner and down loading fresh tunes to my Bully Dog for my 11' GT I recently encountered the same error code 110D8. So, I waited to update the car and ran it with the stock GT500 Throttle body tune till I got a couple days off work back to back to try and resolve this issue.

*None of the tunes work cant even go back to stock.
*My battery is 14.1V with another vehicle wired up with jumper cables to car.

At first thought is was a tune issue so I emailed and called Bama up. They said every thing looked good.

So I called Derive Systems up at 10AM central time and talked to Tyler. After numerous of tests and hours on the phone. Literally all morning and afternoon. Using my PC they used a program called Team Viewer to manually take control of the PC and run tests on the handheld. Then back and fourth to the car and PC they managed to salvage presumably the stock tune.

We managed to load the stock tune on the car and only the stock tune. SO, Tyler and the team at Derive Systems was thinking that it was a tune related issue. SO, I called Bama back up and they emailed me a new tune. We then used the Device updater to move it manually to the tuner. Which then threw the same error code when trying to tune the car.

So I called Derive systems back up around 5PM and got a hold of Tyler again. This time an engineer at Derive was with him. We plugged the tuner back up with Team Viewer and tried a factory reset. The tuner would not update at all. The tuner is currently without a serial number unlocked, unmarried and nothing on it when looking at the information other then the sock profile tune that Derive Systems made and the one Bama sent. I guess the factory reset worked. But we cant get it to update.

So they are sending another tuner to replace the one that is having issues over night do to the update issue. I am waiting for it now.

SCT, Derive Systems and Bama have all been very helpful in this process. Their customer support is superb in every way. Tyler at Derive Systems worked through his lunch hour helping in this process. By the end of the day he sounded very tired and worn out. He and the team has done an excellent job trying to fix this issue. Same goes for the Bama team. As soon as I called asking for help they were on the issue and sent a new tune out within 5-10 minuets. Subperb! I just hope the new tuner will solve this issue. Thanks guys for all your help.

96gt02

Established Member
I know this is an old post but Id figure Id continue on this thread: Same error Code with the SCT Bully Dog tuner.

After updating the tuner and down loading fresh tunes to my Bully Dog for my 11' GT I recently encountered the same error code 110D8. So, I waited to update the car and ran it with the stock GT500 Throttle body tune till I got a couple days off work back to back to try and resolve this issue.

*None of the tunes work cant even go back to stock.
*My battery is 14.1V with another vehicle wired up with jumper cables to car.

At first thought is was a tune issue so I emailed and called Bama up. They said every thing looked good.

So I called Derive Systems up at 10AM central time and talked to Tyler. After numerous of tests and hours on the phone. Literally all morning and afternoon. Using my PC they used a program called Team Viewer to manually take control of the PC and run tests on the handheld. Then back and fourth to the car and PC they managed to salvage presumably the stock tune.

We managed to load the stock tune on the car and only the stock tune. SO, Tyler and the team at Derive Systems was thinking that it was a tune related issue. SO, I called Bama back up and they emailed me a new tune. We then used the Device updater to move it manually to the tuner. Which then threw the same error code when trying to tune the car.

So I called Derive systems back up around 5PM and got a hold of Tyler again. This time an engineer at Derive was with him. We plugged the tuner back up with Team Viewer and tried a factory reset. The tuner would not update at all. The tuner is currently without a serial number unlocked, unmarried and nothing on it when looking at the information other then the sock profile tune that Derive Systems made and the one Bama sent. I guess the factory reset worked. But we cant get it to update.

So they are sending another tuner to replace the one that is having issues over night do to the update issue. I am waiting for it now.

SCT, Derive Systems and Bama have all been very helpful in this process. Their customer support is superb in every way. Tyler at Derive Systems worked through his lunch hour helping in this process. By the end of the day he sounded very tired and worn out. He and the team has done an excellent job trying to fix this issue. Same goes for the Bama team. As soon as I called asking for help they were on the issue and sent a new tune out within 5-10 minuets. Subperb! I just hope the new tuner will solve this issue. Thanks guys for all your help.
Do you have to send the old defect tuner back?

elf

I got the same error code today after going from one BAMA tune to another. I had used the tunes before so I didn't suspect they were the problem. Tried to revert back to stock many times without any luck.
Disconnected the battery and let it sit for about 10-15 minutes, reconnected and tried again...
Success! :)
Now it works like a charm again. I have reverted back to stock and loaded a couple BAMA tunes with no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread