SCT datalogging question...

SVT_4_me

Established Member
i was trying to data log the OEM wideband on my car this evening with my handheld tuner. i just want to get an idea where my car is running with my 93 race tune, but i couldn't find the parameter in there...

can this be done or do i need to download the livelink software and use a laptop?

AmnDucky

Established Member
i was trying to data log the OEM wideband on my car this evening with my handheld tuner. i just want to get an idea where my car is running with my 93 race tune, but i couldn't find the parameter in there...

can this be done or do i need to download the livelink software and use a laptop?

You need to view the datalogging on a computer.

Entrenched

Established Member
Data log

The data logs don't read in typical A/F numbers. My datalogs read in volts ranging from .90 - 1.10 V. I used the Aeroforce gauges + dyno o2 to verify my A/F. The current version of Livewire is limited in what it can read. No fuel pressure (maybe because they took it off the rail and put it in the tank); No fuel injector info (like pressure drop across), etc.

kevinp

Established Member
The WBO2s read in lamba, you multiply that into the stoic ratio (14.08 is stock), so if the the WBO2s read .8 at WOT the a/f is 14.08*.8=11.26:1

You will need a laptop and livelink (free) to log the WBO2s, when its all hooked up to the car you can verify the PIDs and pick the WBO2s. Once you verify the PIDs you can make a config file to load into the handheld where you can log them w/o the laptop.

But to be honest the logging on these 2011s are spotty at best, its improved some lately but it takes some experimenting with different PIDs to make a decent log at WOT.

Last edited:

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
The data logs don't read in typical A/F numbers. My datalogs read in volts ranging from .90 - 1.10 V. I used the Aeroforce gauges + dyno o2 to verify my A/F. The current version of Livewire is limited in what it can read. No fuel pressure (maybe because they took it off the rail and put it in the tank); No fuel injector info (like pressure drop across), etc.

Was there a big variation in A/F reading from Aeroforce to dyno readings. I'm sure ther will be a small amount based on where the readings are taken from.

It seems SCT could somehow find a way to read the OEM wideband and produce an A/F number.

Entrenched

Established Member
Widebands

There was about a 1/2 point difference between the two. I trust the factory widebands vs the dyno due to placement of sensors and relative age of sensors (my car only has 2700 miles).

H-TownMachI

It's the Hamburglar
Established Member
There was about a 1/2 point difference between the two. I trust the factory widebands vs the dyno due to placement of sensors and relative age of sensors (my car only has 2700 miles).

I agree how can you get more accurate than the factory wideband reading.

Users who are viewing this thread