SCT BA2600 or Diablo MAFia?

funmoneypit

Established Member
Is either better? Does one support more hp than the other? Is one easier to tune with than the other especially when dealing with a mail order tune? My final set up will be a Steggy stage 5 ported blower, ported TB and PL with a 2.9" upper and a 4lb lower. I am doing a BAP also but wondering on the MAF. I can get both for fairly cheap. In my thinking, the actual MAF (SCT) would be easier to tune but I really don't know. At some point I might go VMP TVS as that looks like a nice step up from my setup.

Thanks for any help.

Last edited:

NorCal_03Cobra

SVTP Member
Established Member
Try to identify which tuner you would like to use and ask them their personal preference. From what I have seen the SCT seems to be preferred and I would imagine a better fit for the SCT handheld devices as well.

Personally, I have the SCT BA2600 with a SCT X3 - both Amazon Tuning and LaSota Racing have done email tunes for me. But if you feel like you want to step into the realm of tuning on your own there is also the SCT PRP software. My vote goes to SCT.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
IMO neither is really "better" than the other. I've tuned with the MAFia as well as a few different MAFs. I didn't really have a problem with the MAFia I just preferred to run a bigger MAF in the end. Like the others said, contact your tuner and see what they prefer.

R.D.P.

Extra Sprinkles
Established Member
IMO go with the SCT 2600. I've seen threads where people are having trouble getting their car tuned and one of the first things the tuner blames is the use of a MAFia and they want the customer to switch to a larger SCT MAF and ditch the MAFia. Better to just eliminate that possibility up front.

Another thing to consider - you really need to have a wideband setup with it setup to write to your logs if you want to get a good remote tune. Without it, you are always going to be better off getting a Dyno tune - assuming a good tuner.

Last edited:

smashedheadcat

Established Member
I run an old SCT 2800 with a MAFia and tune it myself. The only real difference between tuning them is loading a value file for the MAF or scaling a few parameters for the MAFia. Neither are difficult to do. If the housings are the same size, the mafia is probably the better piece of gear as it can ultimately support more air without pegging.

funmoneypit

Established Member
Thanks everyone for the responses. I am leaning toward the ba2600 because of what some have said. It kind of takes one variable out of the equation with email tunes. If I was going to get a dyno tune I think I would lean more towards the MAFia as the tuner can see exactly what the MAF is doing and whether the MAFia needs turned up or not. I know the same thing can be done with the email tune and datalogging but it just might take a little longer to get it dialed in if I understand all the research I have been doing.

I will be getting an a/f gauge and a good wideband so I can log the a/f ratio.

Again, I would really like to thank everyone on this forum, it's a great community. I posted this same question on two other Mustang forums and didn't get one response. SVTPerformance ftw!

Last edited:

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I've seen threads where people are having trouble getting their car tuned and one of the first things the tuner blames is the use of a MAFia and they want the customer to switch to a larger SCT MAF and ditch the MAFia. Better to just eliminate that possibility up front.

I've never heard that before about the mafia from any reputable tuner. I've been involved with 4 different supercharged ford vehicles using a mafia and they all worked extremely well, perfect drivability and WOT performance. have any links to those threads or which tuner was making that claim?

but I'm sure the sct will work very well. good luck op

Users who are viewing this thread