sct 4 bank vs handheld

97svtman

Established Member
im not sure what to do i have exhaust on my 97 cobra but want to do more boltons possibly cams not sure what tuner i should go with 4 bank chip or handheld. any info would help

Speeds8erM-1

Video Whore
Established Member
You taking it to a shop to be tuned? Will you ever have nitrous on it? Chip makes it easier to switch tunes on the fly, if you had say, an n/a and a nitrous tune.

97svtman

Established Member
well im putting imrc delete plates in it it has 80k on it im throwing the idea of cams and simple boltons or just a supercharger i thought about a preloaded tune for what i currently have and then when i cam or supercharge it take it to the dyno and retune but preloaded for now

saleencobra

Established Member
handheld. flip chip only really benefits the ntrous guys. cuz its nice to swap tunes while driving.

handheld is perfect for what u describe. I have one and its about a minute or 2 to change tunes shouldnt need anything more than that.

Oh and preloaded tunes are pretty worthless IMO save up for a nice dyno tune. Def pick up a used tuner in the market section.

MickeyD

Established Member
I would vote for the handheld tuner like others are saying unless you plan on doing a nitrous set-up. The handheld tuner can be used to pull DTC's and do data-logging with. So if you have any issues with the car you could use that to trouble shoot the problem where the chip would just be the tunes.

Users who are viewing this thread