Scott Kalitta killed in a wreck

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
RIP Scott Kalitta

Scott(46) was killed today. He was transported to Old Bridge Township Hospital after his car went out of control and crashed in the fourth and final round of qualifying Saturday at the Lucas Oil NHRA Super Nationals, where he was pronounced dead.

To anyone who had seen the fiery crash, it was HORRIBLE to say the least.

May he rest in peace and god bless his family.

VPF

T's Blk03

No Clue What Goes Here
Established Member
Just saw the crash replayed on ESPN2. Horrible fireball wreck. Thoughts and prayers to the Kalitta family

Common

Established Member
RIP, this is in NJ right?

I was supposed to go but got held up..................

Slug Fest

not amused
Established Member
I had full intentions of going to Englishtown this year but my plans changed.... this is very sad news...

vegaspackerfan

13 NFL championships!
Established Member
After seeing the areal of the track, I can't believe that the sand trap at the end is so short. It sems way to short. The one in Vegas seems at least 3x's as long.

VPF

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Just heard about this myself. Sad news to hear he passed away, my thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

aaandht

Established Member
I haven't seen it, but from what I'm told by people at the track it was horrific. They canceled the rest of qualifying the net and everything at the end has been damaged so badly.

Venimus

Established Member
Thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. There but for the grace of God go I (and the rest of us).

You know, we have all done crazy things - just for the adrenaline rush and the excitement. That is part of what drag racing Mustangs and anything for that matter is all about. He lived for that rush of racing incredibly fast cars and competing at the highest level. He was one of the best at what he did. They all know the risk they are taking, I am sure. But you just can't get enough of it. He retired 2 times, but came back both times.

The saddest part is he leaves behind a wife and 2 boys. I hope that they can grieve, heal and continue on without too heavy a burden for their remaining days here on earth.

Users who are viewing this thread