SCMC autox Saturday 9/10 @ FT. Devens

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
The autox is sold out but, I know a few of you have asked if you could come and watch and maybe go out for a couple of runs....shoot me a PM if you plan on coming by so I can let the people guarding the gate to let you in.

Directions

From Rt. I-495 take Exit 30 (Rt. 2A/100). At the end of the exit take 2A toward Ayer. Follow 2A through the rotary (you have to go about 1/2 way around the rotary to pick up 2A again). Approx. 2 miles after the rotary you'll enter Ayer center. Continue to follow Rt 2A by taking the right across from the Mobil station. After traveling approx. 1/2 mile take the left second left onto Bishop Rd. Follow the road for about 1/2 mile and take a right at the fork. Proceed through the gate onto the runway

Dave

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
lightninmike said:
so how was it? i had to fuggin work all day

It was a great event.....lot o fun today...I have a few pics.

The SVTP crew representin....TTA89,Troy V, Chris Yates, Davesnake

mypictures017.gif

My Co-pilot for the day

mypictures019.gif

My buddy Paul in his Viper

mypictures016.gif

Last edited:

TTA89

Established Member
Nice Pics Dave!

It was a nice day and I had a good time as usual! There aren't too many of us that know how much fun it is to have a car that can go Drag Racing Friday and then Do Auto X Saturday. Its really a lot of fun!

EastCoast5.0

Established Member
Ahh looks like fun! Thats only right down Rt2 from my house. Wish I coulda been there.

Davesnake

you wanna go!
Established Member
TTA89 said:
Nice Pics Dave!

It was a nice day and I had a good time as usual! There aren't too many of us that know how much fun it is to have a car that can go Drag Racing Friday and then Do Auto X Saturday. Its really a lot of fun!

You got that right Mike,

I had a blast, you guys who don't try autocrossing are missing out big time.
Either that or your afraid to find out just how shitty you really drive LOL!

That was the most fun I had in my car all year so far....now if I can get my clutch woes solved I'll have fun drag racing again.

Dave

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
It was a fun day! The weather was perfect. I found the course to be just a little more friendly to the miata/talon folks than to the 400+hp Cobra, Vette, Viper folks.. We still got reasonably close to them though.

Come to the SVTOA event on the 24th and you'll see how much more friendly we make the course for the high HP cars....

I mean....we need to make room for the Lightnings to pass through.... :)

chuckstang

Established Member
What do you mean it sold out...I did not make it out there but I was planning on just showing up that morning and paying...what is the best way to go about doing this for future reference.
ps-I wussed out because quite frankly I dont know if my high mileage cobra would be up for non stop high reving action lol...(at least at the drag strip its only for a few long seconds lol)

TTA89

Established Member
You need to pre-register. You can't show up and pay. Its not like going to the drag strip. We have our last event this Saturday but I'm affraid it is sold out already.

Next year as we always do I'll create a thread with all the details about how to sign up and when the events are.

Chris Yates

Established Member
9/10 autox - I had a great time. Something about driving another persons car and being faster that puts a big smile on my face.

Hey, when do I get my trophies? 1st, 2nd and 3rd in Mustang Race ; o

Chris Yates
96 Kobra
www.svtoa.org

Users who are viewing this thread