Scirocco 16v Resto

Imatk

Established Member
I had one of these in high school although not a "16v" but a regular 8v Scirocco and always wanted to get into another one. Spent a while looking for a good stock version and finally found one, but it needed A LOT of TLC.

Figured I'd post the paintwork and other things here. I wound up repairing the dent and painting both bumpers... turned out really nice :)

This is what I started with, which was in good shape considering the year (87)

Scir_Orig.jpg

Sunroof seal needed to be replaced and notice the very oxidized paint work
Scir_Orig_4.jpg

Engine bay had likely never been detailed in its entire life. I found what appeared to be a critter's nest behind the black rain tray.... critter was long gone
Scir_Orig_8.jpg

This was the worst panel... I think it must have been out in the sun more than any other part of the car or something. Notice the vinyl on the B-Pillar has perished from the sun as well.
Scir_Orig_5.jpg

The hood insulation was completely shot... had to be replaced.
Scir_Orig_9.jpg

A better look at that back panel... notice no shine whatsoever
Scir_Orig_7.jpg

Removed the B-Pillar vinyl that had perished. Notice the paint where the vinyl used to be is the REAL color of red the whole car should be.
Scir_Orig_10.jpg

New vinyl installed on pillar... now onto the sunroof seal!
Scir_NewPillar.jpg

New seal installed... look at that poor paint though :/
SunRoof2.jpg

Sunroof installed with new seal and the polishing/compounding has begun... notice the dull area where I had taped off the seal. That would be remedied soon! But look at that shine!
SunRoof3.jpg

I'll post part two in another thread... not allowed any more pics in this one.

Users who are viewing this thread