School shooting: 1 dead in LA High School shooting

Chop

Established Member
Just want to say that Gun control laws with strong licencing rules does work, well it does in Australia and New Zealand. BUT education also has to happen.

scott9050

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Just want to say that Gun control laws with strong licencing rules does work, well it does in Australia and New Zealand. BUT education also has to happen.

The Myth That Australia's Gun Laws Reduced Gun Homicides | Ryan McMaken
Trends in violent crime

One interesting tidbit:

"Another factor for consideration is the change in weapon use. Since 1989–90, the proportion of homicides committed with a firearm has declined, while the proportion committed with a knife or a blunt instrument has increased."

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Perfect example of the left being just as stupid as the right who claim this is perfect timing to hide the impeachment hearing.

The difference being this is an actual congressman saying this crap and not some wingnut from the peanut gallery. What politicians in office from the right have made claims regarding timing and the impeachment?

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
The Myth That Australia's Gun Laws Reduced Gun Homicides | Ryan McMaken
Trends in violent crime

One interesting tidbit:

"Another factor for consideration is the change in weapon use. Since 1989–90, the proportion of homicides committed with a firearm has declined, while the proportion committed with a knife or a blunt instrument has increased."

Clutch my pearls!!!! So you are saying the penal colonists found other methods to kill each other after their overlords took the guns away?

Chop

Established Member
LOL really a lie, ok if you say so. Come and live here. I think the amount of gun murders we have in a year equals about what happens in a day in the US. But no matter what you do people will find a way to kill, if they want to hard enough they will find a way

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
LOL really a lie, ok if you say so. Come and live here. I think the amount of gun murders we have in a year equals about what happens in a day in the US. But no matter what you do people will find a way to kill, if they want to hard enough they will find a way

Why the **** anyone would want to live there is beyond comprehension. Australia is the Florida of the World. I guess it'd be fun for a short visit, very short. If you want to hear the most annoying English accent in existence, it's Australian English. The piercing timbre of that accent is like nails down a ****ing chalkboard.

Chop

Established Member
Isn't it great to have a unique piercing accent. I just love that you think it is annoying. Don't forget that we wear grass skirts in New Zealand and Dance around fires in Australia. But very little gun issues

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Isn't it great to have a unique piercing accent. I just love that you think it is annoying. Don't forget that we wear grass skirts in New Zealand and Dance around fires in Australia. But very little gun issues

Shame. The people who rule you stripped you of your God-given rights and you think it’s appropriate to dance around a fire and celebrate.

The world has gone mad!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member
Gun deaths sure, what about all around murder pre and post gun ban?

Murder is murder whether a gun is used or not.

03Sssnake

TK-421
Established Member
Who’s the new Australia guy medaling in our crap?

this knob....

Kakadu_Tours_with_Crocodile_Dundee_3.jpg

Established Member
Comparing Australia gun rules to USA is apples to oranges, from demographics, to population density, to enforcement of existing gun laws, just to start. Your biggest drop in deaths by gun is suicide, and yet your overall suicide rates are up. Right? So giving up your right to protect yourself from others who would cause you harm did nothing to protect you from yourself. Violent crime in pretty much every statistic other than guns has also increased, right? Most gun crimes in America are committed by known criminals with illegal guns. Doesn't do any good to make an illegal gun illegal again. America's gun problem wont be solved by some paragraph sound bite, and it surely isn't as simple as saying "lets just make guns illegal". Our problem is a people problem, not a gun problem.

Users who are viewing this thread