WANTED: Scams

Ken6977

Established Member
Has anyone done business with Giddycars.com? Several reviews stating they are foreign scammers and using info and pics from legit websites. "David Brady" is the "dealer". He's got a beautiful black modded 03 cobra with 20k miles for $30,000 tax, shipping and licensing included. Love to buy it but seems like a scam.

Ken6977

Established Member
Well, I attempted to go to the site, and my anti-virus aborted it. That should tell you something.
Good thing I opted to researching them further once I heard him on the phone this morning. I was ready to send $30k for this gem. It's on their website. Nice black one. Like to find out who really has it.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Good thing I opted to researching them further once I heard him on the phone this morning. I was ready to send $30k for this gem. It's on their website. Nice black one. Like to find out who really has it.

What do you mean? You dont believe he actually has the car in his possession?

Ken6977

Established Member
Scam.

So at $30,775 taxes and shipping are included?

I would find it reasonable that taxes would change based on where you live, and shipping most definitely would.

Secondly...no VINs posted.

Thirdly... 2003 Ford Mustang for sale in Tampa, FL - $37,995

Sent from my Potato
Wow! Yeah glad I bailed. There's other reviews of guys saying he steals ads from Streetsideclassics.com and they are investigateing him. Typical foreigner scumbags. Hope they catch him.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
David Brady? He's a barrister. Ya, this is the cat.

Screen Shot 2020-09-22 at 3.21.15 PM.png

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Damn it. So thankful I didn't pull the trigger on that car and throw a bunch of money away. 25yrs younger and I'd done it in a heartbeat. Lol. Welp I'm still searching. $40k budget folks low mileage please.

Read all the information you can in the Terminator section, especially those posted by CobraBob. I understand his articles are Terminator Bibles.

Good luck on your search!

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
LOL

upload_2021-2-23_7-44-59.png

Attachments

• upload_2021-2-22_16-5-29.png
    upload_2021-2-22_16-5-29.png
    23 KB · Views: 96

smokedbystang

Established Member
Absolutely no way would I buy a car without seeing it in person. Too many scams and misrepresentation of condition. I drove to SC to pick up my 14 GT500 and trailered it back.

Ken6977

Established Member
Absolutely no way would I buy a car without seeing it in person. Too many scams and misrepresentation of condition. I drove to SC to pick up my 14 GT500 and trailered it back.
Yeah definitely a huge risk in it. There's 2 nice ones I'm eyeing right now. One is in Detroit and the other is in Missouri. Both will ship personally but need a small deposit to hold then I'll pay them cash once they get it here to my home. That I'm willing to do.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
An automatic transmission woulda done it for me.

Meh, the ad description says 6 speed manual. I've seen that mistake more than once but I'm still not willing to take a chance. lol

Ken6977

Established Member
Meh, the ad description says 6 speed manual. I've seen that mistake more than once but I'm still not willing to take a chance. lol
Right. I'd call them first before bailing. Could be a nice ride and legit deal.

Users who are viewing this thread