Scams

stmoney11

DSG Lightning
Established Member
It's hard not to feel bad when someone gets scammed like this but most of the time it would be a minor inconvenience if the money wasn't gifted with PayPal.

KilledbyKenne

Established Member
Eventually people will learn not to gift money through PayPal when buying something...

57936273.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Read this thread yesterday and I'm not surprised to hear that the money was "gifted". Huge risk with too many.....

shoot-in-foot.jpg

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Travis won’t do that Nick. I explained it in the last scam thread.
Alternatively, why not have the option to wrap any text with a spoiler tag or something to that effect that is only visible to registered members? This way you can make e-mail addresses and phone numbers hidden but at the same time encourage potential members to sign up for a membership to be able to contact the member?

badsvt97

Established Member
It was my fault. I was over eager and never should have had my wife involved. Also should have known more about the headlights. Apparently the PayPal in question also got scammed but they did send 275 back from the 550. Apparently this scammer got 550 from me and and the person who we paypaled. Oh well lesson learned. I found lights and a harness to convert my 11. 50motorsports on Facebook. Great guy

badsvt97

Established Member
And for the idiots saying dont gift it.....shouldn't have done that....no way accidentally gift it....blah blah.blah......stfu. For someone who NEVERS uses PayPal....they dont know about "gifting" or "goods and services " mine is set to always be goods and services....so i never thought it would default to friends amd family.....oh well. Shit happens. Good group of ppl in this forum though.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
And for the idiots saying dont gift it.....shouldn't have done that....no way accidentally gift it....blah blah.blah......stfu. For someone who NEVERS uses PayPal....they dont know about "gifting" or "goods and services " mine is set to always be goods and services....so i never thought it would default to friends amd family.....oh well. Shit happens. Good group of ppl in this forum though.
You want a cookie

Users who are viewing this thread