Saw a 2010 run at the track today!

GOTSVT?

This Is Absolution
Established Member
Brand new bone stock ran a friggin 13.9 !!!!!!!!!! :banana:

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Is this the car?
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0ISU6fNTq0"]YouTube - 2010 ford Taurus SHO at New England Drag Way[/ame]

SHOspazz92

Established Member
good time... but its too much $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Bullshit, Go find one at a dealer and sit in it. I don't think there is a Better option, So nicely equipped car for 38k. Don't even say the G8 GXP, Yea - It's faster hands down, But the interior is no-where near as nice as the SHO, Not to mention it doesnt have nearly the options.

-Sam

FastPhil7

Established Member
Bullshit, Go find one at a dealer and sit in it. I don't think there is a Better option, So nicely equipped car for 38k. Don't even say the G8 GXP, Yea - It's faster hands down, But the interior is no-where near as nice as the SHO, Not to mention it doesnt have nearly the options.

-Sam

:rockon:
Drove the GXP before I ordered the Taurus. GXP looks great on paper, but downright cheap on the inside (no offense) and not hardly a whistle or bell anywhere, no bluetooth, homlink option, or seat memory, no 6 spd auto, not to mention the Sync equipment, and most important for me was the AWD with TTurbos... only thing I think I will have to mod asap are the inadequate, small, overwhelmed sub 13" brake package on the 4,400 lb SHO....

Phil

rocket5979

Established Member
:rockon:
Drove the GXP before I ordered the Taurus. GXP looks great on paper, but downright cheap on the inside (no offense) and not hardly a whistle or bell anywhere, no bluetooth, homlink option, or seat memory, no 6 spd auto, not to mention the Sync equipment, and most important for me was the AWD with TTurbos... only thing I think I will have to mod asap are the inadequate, small, overwhelmed sub 13" brake package on the 4,400 lb SHO....

Phil

ALL G8 GXP's come with bluetooth and they also can either come with a M6 or A6 tranny too. You should have researched that a little more if those items are important to you. Hell even the 09.5 G8 GT's come with the A6 trans and bluetooth. No M6 option though which doesn't bother me because turbo's love auto's... :beer:

I am really curious to see what this new SHO does. When I first heard of it I thought it was a cool car. I need to check my local dealer lots and see if they have one yet. I would like to take a look at the car in person and perhaps take it for a quick spin even though I do not plan to buy one.

Last edited:

FastPhil7

Established Member
ALL G8 GXP's come with bluetooth and they also can either come with a M6 or A6 tranny too. You should have researched that a little more if those items are important to you. Hell even the 09.5 G8 GT's come with the A6 trans and bluetooth. No M6 option though which doesn't bother me because turbo's love auto's... :beer:

I am really curious to see what this new SHO does. When I first heard of it I thought it was a cool car. I need to check my local dealer lots and see if they have one yet. I would like to take a look at the car in person and perhaps take it for a quick spin even though I do not plan to buy one.

Your right on the Tranny, had 8 cars on my list, this is one of the few 6spd auto, but the pontiac site (or my sales guy) did not mention the bluetooth, not sure why. One thing I really like was the large backseat, this is important to me and it had tons of legroom due to indentions in the front seat, but in the end the G8 was just not for me after I drove it. AWD was an important factor, SHO was due last week, but still no dice, fingers crossed it will drive like I anticipate to, with the hope that the D3 platform will be close to its Volvo origins... will see soon enough.

Agree on the turbo / auto, last Volvo came standard with stall converter that allowed 1800 rpms from a stop in order to get full boost almost instantly from the turbo, worked extremely well. Stock it went 5.6 0-60, and weighed
300#s less, so if the Taurus is in fact in the low 5s with more weight, it would seem Ford is making the most of the most of the available boost...
Phil

Glenn Ford

Atlanta Trilogy #1
Established Member
Not Bad Time for the SHO -

Not bad times for the SHO considering Challenger SRT8 around here are running 13.6/7 bone stock.

Glenn

Users who are viewing this thread