Saving a 1972 Pantera

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
PANTERA1.jpg
PANTERA2.jpg
PANTERA5.jpg
PANTERA4.jpg
Back story my dad bought this car in 1984. It has been garaged and rarely driven up until about 4 years ago. For some reason my dad decided to let someone do paint work on the car, but never picked it back up. The car has sat outside since sometime in 2015. I decided to go get the car and bring it to my house. That was 11/1/19. I remember this car in its glory days and it’s disappointing to see in its current state. My dad is fine, just wasn’t a priority to him anymore as he’s 73. It has developed some rust on the hood and headlight covers. Also bad rust in the passenger rocker panel. Not sure of engine condition as the starter had been removed because it wasn’t turning over. The plan of attack is going to be long and costly. I’ll update with pics as I go along this journey to former greatnesses.

Currently the site isn’t letting me post pictures?

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Attachments

• PANTERA3.jpg
    PANTERA3.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
Good luck! I love those cars, such a blast to drive

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

coposrv

Established Member
I’d mechanically sort it out and get it running great. Stance/ on some custom wheels and leave the body exactly as it is.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

CSG

Established Member
Was it from Louisiana? Our neighbor in New Orleans was Carlos Marsalis's nephew & had on like it.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
Was it from Louisiana? Our neighbor in New Orleans was Carlos Marsalis's nephew & had on like it.

It was purchased out of the Dallas area in the mid 80's. Only recently(5 years) has it ever been outside. It didn't like that at all.

Op, is it finished yet? Let's go!!!!! LOL. Best of luck....

No. but I did get the new rear tires installed. Pulled the carb, intake, and pulling the heads next weekend. Unfortunately it had an edelbrock open element airfilter.......

Users who are viewing this thread