Savage Geese reviews SVT Cobra

prs97

Established Member
Good video. Nice to see the Terminator getting press after all of these years.

I thought it was a fair assessment of the car. Given the short development timeline & challenges to even make it in the first place, there are going to be some shortcomings. A perfect car? No. Sh*tloads of awesomeness? Hell yes.

Tifosi2003GT

Established Member
I Love the fact that mines sitting under a cover spotless and in pristine condition in the garage, but I hate driving it now..
I'll never part ways with her tho.

I image myself washing her in driveway and then sitting on my porch drinking beer's looking at her like the move Gran Torino when I retire.. Hahaha!!!

af212048eb54f3757c25db7dd5ffd3af.jpg

d83e565c0dacf78999ca1f7ec87d4946.jpg

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
I Love the fact that mines sitting under a cover spotless and in pristine condition in the garage, but I hate driving it now..
I'll never part ways with her tho.

I image myself washing her in driveway and then sitting on my porch drinking beer's looking at her like the move Gran Torino when I retire.. Hahaha!!!

View attachment 1650260
View attachment 1650261

I like the brake upgrade.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
You can always tell the people that didn't get into Mustangs until the Terminator showed up. They usually make comments like saying the IRS didn't show up until 2003.

Decent video overall.

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
Great video, thanks for sharing.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
Good review!

But both my c5z and c6z.....I wouldn't go overboard about superior "quality" of the interiors. Both the vettes were dog poop inside. Similar quality to the terminator. The c5z seat was horrible, bolstering was way inadequate. Cheap feeling buttons like "gages" LOL. And really, the comparison point was the fbods.....not vettes. Fbods were every bit as cheap if not cheaper feeling.

Hard to label that as a "con" when every other car in that segment 18 years ago felt the same. I think one of the best interiors from that time frame was the pontiac GTO, too bad the outside wasn't as good as the inside.

iudelt89

Established Member
Good review!

But both my c5z and c6z.....I wouldn't go overboard about superior "quality" of the interiors. Both the vettes were dog poop inside. Similar quality to the terminator. The c5z seat was horrible, bolstering was way inadequate. Cheap feeling buttons like "gages" LOL. And really, the comparison point was the fbods.....not vettes. Fbods were every bit as cheap if not cheaper feeling.

Hard to label that as a "con" when every other car in that segment 18 years ago felt the same. I think one of the best interiors from that time frame was the pontiac GTO, too bad the outside wasn't as good as the inside.

He was referencing a review he did on the C5 Z06 a few months ago, where he tore that interior apart as well. Everyone knows the interiors on these cars aren't great lol

iudelt89

Established Member
You can always tell the people that didn't get into Mustangs until the Terminator showed up. They usually make comments like saying the IRS didn't show up until 2003.

Decent video overall.

They knew that the IRS first appeared in the 99 cobra because we talked about it while filming. Just didn't have time in the video to discuss the origin of the project, 99 cobras being recalled due to lack of power (putting egg on the face of Ford), no cobra in 2000 (aside from the R), and that whole story.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
They knew that the IRS first appeared in the 99 cobra because we talked about it while filming. Just didn't have time in the video to discuss the origin of the project, 99 cobras being recalled due to lack of power (putting egg on the face of Ford), no cobra in 2000 (aside from the R), and that whole story.

Yet they said the IRS first appeared in 2003 in the video. They didn't have to get into all the other stuff you mentioned. Saying something like it first appeared in 99, but had upgrades to handle the 03/04 power would've been better IMO.

But then I'm a previous owner of an 01 Cobra so I tend to be a little touchy when those Cobras don't get the proper credit.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Now THAT takes me right back to late 2002. The mystique of the 2003 Cobra back then just burst through that video. The rawness of the Terminator is what made me love mine while I owned it. I remember driving my son-in-law's 2006 Z06. It was more polished that my Cobra, but I so much preferred the Cobra's kick-ass brutal rawness. That was a great video. First time I've seen it.

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
Maybe I need to get into some newer nicer cars but I’m quite fond of the simplicity new edge interior. Maybe because I was 16 in 2003 and drooled over these cars has something to do with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
nice video and cool to see it respected for the brute it was/is

It was fun watching the HP numbers climb with just basic bolt-ons and them just murdering damned near everything, they punched well above their weight class for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread