sat gtg hooters

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Update on my car...

Remember that hissing leak from the front of the intake? Well I was right. It was a vac leak.

I snapped that vac line in HALF. Since im sick (still, upper respritory infection) im going to work on the car tomorrow and just replace that line.

Luckily, it was nothing serious.

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
vipergts281 said:
Wait, let me guess.....your girlfriend made the plans and there is no way out of them?
Actually my sister decided to get pregnant and have a little guy on Tuesday. We are going over to see her and the big boy. :thumbsup: But any other day you would have been pretty close...... ;-)

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
MTShambles said:
Update on my car...

Remember that hissing leak from the front of the intake? Well I was right. It was a vac leak.

I snapped that vac line in HALF. Since im sick (still, upper respritory infection) im going to work on the car tomorrow and just replace that line.

Luckily, it was nothing serious.
Good to hear Chris. Are you going to the Lewis cruise next sunday???

vipergts281

Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
Actually my sister decided to get pregnant and have a little guy on Tuesday. We are going over to see her and the big boy. :thumbsup: But any other day you would have been pretty close...... ;-)
Well congrats on the baby. :beer:

As for the other comment.....Women :nonono:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
DR. WU 2000 said:
Good to hear Chris. Are you going to the Lewis cruise next sunday???

Well, if all goes back as planned yes...

I worked on the car for a little bit today, still not 100% fixed though.

I replaced that entire vacuum line with a brand new one (hard line, not that rubber crap), cranked the car. Still no dice. Its still trying to die and wont idle. Same code is being thrown, P0171, system too lean bank one.

I check around, smell fuel. My fuel rail isnt sitting all the way down on my injector in the back. That might have been the hissing noise we were hearing. I retightened the bolt down, fuel rail is now sitting flush on the O-Ring. No problems there.

Start car, same problem. I'm still hearing hissing in the rear of the engine. I put my hand back there to see if I can feel air being pulled anywhere. Nothing. Check some rubber tubing to see if it split, nothing.

Im running out of ideas here. Would a manifold leak between where my X-Pipe and my headers hook up cause this problem on the passenger side? I might have just blown that gasket and need to replace that. My passenger side O2 is brand new, so I know thats still good. I have not gotten any misfiring codes or anything like that.

Im kinda remembering that the car did this after I got my X installed because there was a header leak, but im not 100% sure.

Thoughts?

DR. WU 2000

mmm....turbo 4
Established Member
MTShambles said:
Well, if all goes back as planned yes...

I worked on the car for a little bit today, still not 100% fixed though.

I replaced that entire vacuum line with a brand new one (hard line, not that rubber crap), cranked the car. Still no dice. Its still trying to die and wont idle. Same code is being thrown, P0171, system too lean bank one.

I check around, smell fuel. My fuel rail isnt sitting all the way down on my injector in the back. That might have been the hissing noise we were hearing. I retightened the bolt down, fuel rail is now sitting flush on the O-Ring. No problems there.

Start car, same problem. I'm still hearing hissing in the rear of the engine. I put my hand back there to see if I can feel air being pulled anywhere. Nothing. Check some rubber tubing to see if it split, nothing.

Im running out of ideas here. Would a manifold leak between where my X-Pipe and my headers hook up cause this problem on the passenger side? I might have just blown that gasket and need to replace that. My passenger side O2 is brand new, so I know thats still good. I have not gotten any misfiring codes or anything like that.

Im kinda remembering that the car did this after I got my X installed because there was a header leak, but im not 100% sure.

Thoughts?
All your checks seem to be what I would have done also. I would throw this problem over to the MACA forum and see what they think. Lots of knowledge over there. I may be installing my Pro-Chamber this weekend with Lou, bring the car over when we do this and we can look at it again. I am sure Lou can figure out the problem. :uh oh:

Shambles

Fetch the COMFY CHAIR!
Established Member
Thats what it has to be. The bank one lean code is tripping because the gasket is blown and air is rushing in and getting to the front O2. This is making the car think that its running lean and dumping fuel in to one side of the engine making it unable to hold idle at all.

Its the only thing that makes logical sense.

Users who are viewing this thread