Sandy Hook families sue Bushmaster

B-O-B'03

Established Member
Good Grief.

Link

"The wrongful death lawsuit filed at Superior Court in Bridgeport claims that the Bushmaster AR-15 used by Lanza to kill 26 people, including 20 first-graders on Dec. 14, 2012, inside Sandy Hook Elementary School, should not be sold to the public because it is a military assault weapon designed for war."

Might be a good time to pick up another AR or two, just in case insanity prevails.

-Brian

mavisky

Established Member
Is that the direct quote from the article or from the lawsuit?

If that's the lawsuit this should be an open and shut case. I feel bad for these people, but it's just a tool. Lock that same sick bastard in a room full of school children with a steak knife and the death toll could have been just as high.

hb712

Established Member
Bushmaster already paid a significant portion of a $2.5 million dollar settlement after the whole DC sniper case. Want to make a bunch of money? Go sue a big business that is interested in maintaining the best image possible in an already troubled market.

I'm not even going to go into the legal side of this suit. All in all, I think it's just a money grab and an attempt to harm an entire industry/right based on what a psychopath did.

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
They are grasping at straws, but the real goal is to restrict gun rights.

OhIIICobra

Established Member
I'm sure they'll be suing Infinity Ward and Treyarch next since they developed the "Call of Duty" game franchise and psycho played COD.

Blown 89

Established Member
I should sue the government because the person that robbed my house a few years ago used public roads to get there.

O'Neill

Established Member
Well then... Anyone ever lose a loved one to a drunk driver? Just sue the car manufacturer.

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
Feel terrible for the families, but suing Bushmaster will not heal their pain or bring back their children. It is a shame this is the course of action they have taken. I wouldn't be surprised if some scummy attorney approached them and convinced them to do this. SH was NOT fishy... take off your tinfoil hats people.

hellionTT

Im with her
Established Member
Good Grief.

Link

"The wrongful death lawsuit filed at Superior Court in Bridgeport claims that the Bushmaster AR-15 used by Lanza to kill 26 people, including 20 first-graders on Dec. 14, 2012, inside Sandy Hook Elementary School, should not be sold to the public because it is a military assault weapon designed for war."

Might be a good time to pick up another AR or two, just in case insanity prevails.

-Brian

A step in the right direction since our congress seems paralyzed and unable to fix this threat to civil safety

vortecd

Established Member
They should sue the car manufacturer also since the car was big enough to carry such a weapon

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The whole SH story/event smells fishy....

In what way? :dw: A close friend of mine lost a relative in that tragedy.

As far as the Bushmaster lawsuit. No way will it go anywhere.

auto02

Motivator
Established Member
Nothing more than Liberal idiots looking for a pay day....Guess money will make them feel better about their losses....

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
A step in the right direction since our congress seems paralyzed and unable to fix this threat to civil safety

Please, tells us how it is Bushmaster's fault?

Then, I want to know who as at fault when somebody is stabbed to death.
Killed by a drunk driver.
Killed be a speeder.
Killed by blunt force trauma.
Killed when they OD on OTC drugs.
Killed by ODing on their prescription drugs.

Let us start with your answers to these.

svtsmo

^ FTW
Established Member
Feel terrible for the families, but suing Bushmaster will not heal their pain or bring back their children. It is a shame this is the course of action they have taken. I wouldn't be surprised if some scummy attorney approached them and convinced them to do this.
yup. to me this sounds like another situation where a lawyer(s) is looking for an extra payday and talked them into 'making a point'
SH was NOT fishy... take off your tinfoil hats people.
this. sometimes the willingness for people on this site to show their stupidity is astounding.
In what way? :dw: A close friend of mine lost a relative in that tragedy.
my gf grew up two towns over. one of the teachers was a girl she went to school with and a friend of hers lost their nephew :(

Users who are viewing this thread