San Antonio anyone been or live there?

03SVTscott

Established Member
Wondering if anyone on here has been or lives in San Antonio. Looking for good clubs bars live music. Will be visiting there April 25-28.

george.arnold

Established Member
Plenty of all of that on the River Walk. Can be very touristy down there. I'm sure someone local to SA will chime in.

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
I'm here in SA. It really depends on what kind of scene and/or music you like and what side of town your on. San antonio is a big ass city. As mentioned, the riverwalk always has stuff going on for those who are visiting. Howl At The Moon is a cool place downtown (if their not at capacity). Its a piano bar that also does comedyish stuff that gets the crowd involved.

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
I spent every waking extra minute down near Riverwalk when I was training at Ft Sam Houston. There is some bar that has FishBowl Drafts, it is a small bar but fun. My name is in Black Sharpie on the wall of Coyote Ugly's women's bathroom. It was a fun ST Patrick's Day.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
i live here, so does Zyborg. depends on your scene as mentioned above

hb712

Established Member
Went to SA on a business trip and had a blast. I spent pretty much all my time on the River Walk and did not regret it. There are a lot of bars, restaurants, etc... to be explored.

the gillz

_
Established Member
Yea the Riverwalk is a good place to party for tourists but its gonna be pricey. I think Other places around town can be kinda hostile. I like Fitzgerald because they have alot of cover bands and chicks. There's a new trendy spot around the pearl brewery that has some nice spots. It's kinda a hipster part of town. I think they are trying to make it like Austin, much less hostile. Stay away from Joe's volcano lol and anywhere with cheap brews. You'll thank me later when you're not shanked lol

the gillz

_
Established Member
Actually bro I just saw the dates you are gonna be here, and Fiesta 2015 will be in full swing here in town. There will be a plethora (did you see what I did there) of things to do. Go to the San Antonio Fiesta website. Lots of chicks , brew and food

collinzx6r

Fighter of Fire
Established Member
Also, if you can dance (two step) and want a guaranteed piece of ass, go to one of the country dance bars. Wild West always has good looking females, Thirsty Horse, Midnight Rodeo, or Cowboys Dance Hall.

03SVTscott

Established Member
It's kind of a work trip so fortunately I can expense the whole thing. But fun places to take people to is what I'm Looking for. I'll check out the river walk area and the SA Fiesta. Thanks for all the input!

ImThatGuy

Huffing Ether
Established Member
Yes the Riverwalk is awesome, there are all kinds of cool shops, restaurants, and clubs. Boat rides in the river are quite enjoyable. The restaurant Dicks is badass. All of the staff are complete assholes, lol, and you have to be that way to them to order anything, real eye opener when you wander in there not expecting that. The Alamo is very interesting, to think that many people fit in there and survived for so many days against the entire Mexican Army, awesome!

10fore

Established Member
The Riverwalk is always fun, as is the Pearl area. It really depends on what you're after though.

lobra97

PIITB since 1984
Established Member
Fiesta! be ready to drink, eat, and see alot of hoodrats. good times lol

Users who are viewing this thread