Samsung Galaxy Note

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Soooooooo.............

My iP3s is on its last leg. Battery life has taken a major shit in the recent weeks. Cant get more than 8hrs life out of it only using it maybe 4hrs at work for pandora streaming.

Thinking on jumping ship to the Note. I loved my buddies SGS2's 4.X" screen, and was recently going to pick up a kindle fire for random home use, but figured since my iphone is dying, why not combine both and get something that has a pretty retarded big screen and can make calls to boot?

Only drawback right now is my buddy says theres no dev support for it yet. Its rooted, but thats about it from what he said. Not that it bothers me much, it took me almost 2yrs to JB my iPhone.

Anyone mess with one of these yet? Theyre getting great reviews and even people saying after using it a 4.x" screen feels small. And no, dunno what to think of the stylus yet. Alot of people are saying its ghey, but its required to navigate in anything, its just an added extra.

Buddy17

Avid SVTP(er)
Established Member
I think they are sweet, but i have yet to play with one. Been meaning to get over to the ATT store and check it out.

But, I'm big into the android phones. I love the big screens. Always drooled over the 4.3" screens when they first came out, and now plan on going to a 4.8" with the new HTC One X for ATT. I'm thinking the 5.3 may be a little big for me, but i am also picking up a tablet so I don't need to mix the two.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
I have the tmobile version of the samsung galaxy 2, absolutely love it. No complaints (except otter box doesn't make a case for it-but I found a "ballistic" one that works well).

I recommend getting some 3m privacy filters/screen protectors to anyone that buys one of the newer smart phones with huge screens.

3M Natural View Screen Protector for Cell Phones - Screen Protectors

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
**** it, might as well make it a true Pics n Vids thread....

SamsungGalaxyNote.jpg

samsung-galaxy-note_8.jpg

vs iP4/4s........goddamn.

samsung-galaxy-note_7.jpg

Note vs SGS2

[youtube_browser]AR1EWXp-ucs[/youtube_browser]

dude sounds like Doug Bensen.

Last edited:

Stevo151

Established Member
They look really cool, I'd like to try messing with one just to see how they are but I don't plan on ever giving up my iPhone lol

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
Personally, I'm going to upgrade to the ASUS Padfone when it comes out in April: ASUS Padfone hands-on (video) -- Engadget

It's even better, since it's confirmed that I will be able to reuse the keyboard dock that I already own for my ASUS Transformer. I was going to go for the HTC One S (One X is AT&T, I'm TMo), but I prefer the pure Android UI of the ASUS over the HTC Sense interface.

[youtube_browser]YMnCGiu6Buo[/youtube_browser]

Dntgtbit

Established Member
I have tried about every AT&T phone out there. I always go back to my iPhones. I have had real bad luck with android phones, always forse closing and crashing. My wife and I both bought the Samsung infuse tried it for a week and we both hated it. Love the huge screen, great color and lots of fun features. But as far as reliability, the iPhone blows it away. Just my opinion.

PUSHA TON

Established Member
I wish carriers would run pure android UI as opposed to sense touchwiz etc. The phones would get updates a lot sooner that way.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I saw a commercial for that Note last night and couldn't believe how big it was. It is cool and all but I think I would get tired of it being so bulky.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I have tried about every AT&T phone out there. I always go back to my iPhones. I have had real bad luck with android phones, always forse closing and crashing. My wife and I both bought the Samsung infuse tried it for a week and we both hated it. Love the huge screen, great color and lots of fun features. But as far as reliability, the iPhone blows it away. Just my opinion.

I just cant deal with a measly 3.5" screen anymore. And im not interested in any iP4/4s for the time being and I doubt the iP5 will be anything to write home to. Just more catch up by Apple with trendy terminology to make it sell. Itll probably have a "revolutionary" 4.3" screen. Without Jobs that company is going to falter with trying to just make his last products and ideas come to fruition, let alone continue to
"innovate"

The only thing good about their products is the quality, fit and finish of the form factor, both of mobile products and computing products.

SonicDTR

Wasn't me.
Established Member
Premium Member
I tried holding my xoom up to my ear and didnt like it, so i'll probably skip the Note...

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
I tried holding my xoom up to my ear and didnt like it, so i'll probably skip the Note...

I rarely actually talk on the phone. Most times I do its while driving and in my lap on speaker, so I dont think this would bother me one bit the 1-2 times a week that I would have to put it up to my ear.

Kevins89notch

Established Member
I got the Nexus on launch day and love it. I could deal with bigger, but don't know if I would want to. With the size of the Nexus, I can use it with only one hand, meaning my thumb can click anywhere on the screen. Any bigger, and I wouldn't be able to. That means no more multi-tasking such as eating/drinking/holding a remote controll and being able to use my cell phone with the other hand.

ViciousJay

Established Member
i wouldnt mind ditching my IP4 for this, my contract is up and all that ive heard about the IP5 hasnt impressed me a bit

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
Soooooooo.............

My iP3s is on its last leg. Battery life has taken a major shit in the recent weeks. Cant get more than 8hrs life out of it only using it maybe 4hrs at work for pandora streaming.

Thinking on jumping ship to the Note. I loved my buddies SGS2's 4.X" screen, and was recently going to pick up a kindle fire for random home use, but figured since my iphone is dying, why not combine both and get something that has a pretty retarded big screen and can make calls to boot?

Only drawback right now is my buddy says theres no dev support for it yet. Its rooted, but thats about it from what he said. Not that it bothers me much, it took me almost 2yrs to JB my iPhone.

Anyone mess with one of these yet? Theyre getting great reviews and even people saying after using it a 4.x" screen feels small. And no, dunno what to think of the stylus yet. Alot of people are saying its ghey, but its required to navigate in anything, its just an added extra.

Not a bad phone. if you're needing to jump now, I say do it, dev support will come quick. Its basically an SGS2 software wise and identical to Tmos SGS2 as far as processor. That said, if you can hold out till summer, supposedly Samsung is going to concurrently release the SGS3 in all markets and I would personally wait. Probably going to use my extra upgrade on it if VZW gets it and keep the Nexus as a side toy.

Users who are viewing this thread