Salvage F150 Coyote for Fox swap

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Hey guys,

I have a clean 93 notch that I'm looking to drop a coyote into. I found a salvage engine with 38k miles with harness and sensors shipped for under $2500. Catch is its from a rollover. It's supposedly still in the truck. If I can get proof it runs and compression numbers, any reason I shouldn't jump on it?

Last edited by a moderator:

87hatchy

Established Member
If you can get that kinda proof, I don't see why not. If it rolled more likely than not the fuel pump cutoff was tripped and the engine stopped immediately. Shouldn't be any damage internally I would think

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Got some pics and it's worse than I thought it was. Think I'll keep looking.

5.0GT

Established Member
The heads are different by the way, the car will have more of a constant torque but less HP. I think there was a thread a while ago on this forum it'll give you more information than I can.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Intake cams, compression and front dress are different. Not worried from a power perspective more the rollover perspective.

SStampede

Established Member
The engine is probably ok, ask about what type of warranty they offer on shipped parts.
I buy used parts all the time.

SStang.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Ended up scooping up a complete engine with a boss shortblock and 27k miles for 4500 with billet oil pump gears too.

Users who are viewing this thread