Saleen Speedster Cover

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyWaters

Banned
Recently a 1-piece 99-04 Saleen Speedster cover is up for sale in my area. It is already painted black and looks to be in great condition. I have a stock 99 cobra convertible and would like to buy it, but have a few questions!

How does this cover mount to the car? Will it fit my 99 cobra?

Will I need the light bar or "roll" bar that I see every car has in pictures with the cover?

Is there any way to fit this cover in the car if it started to rain? (What if the back seats were removed?)

Here is a picture for reference:
100_5486.jpg

2001cobravert

Established Member
It has mounting tabs, seller should include the hardware. Yes it will fit your 99.
Light bar is not necessary but any vert will look 100 times better with both.
It is made so it can be stored in the trunk when not desired.

Hope this helps. :beer:

Last edited:

Darkc0bra

....Pass
Established Member
If I had a vert I would be buying one of those....they make them look sooooo much better.

JonnyWaters

Banned
It has mounting tabs, seller should include the hardware. Yes it will fit your 99.

Thanks, yes it does!

I will make sure to ask about mounting tabs. Are you sure it will fit in the trunk? This is the 1-piece one and I have been reading that it doesn't. He is asking a ridiculously low price, I should have been the first person to email him. I'm guessing he just hasn't checked his email because it's Christmas. Really hoping I get it!!!!

mystical

Established Member
I don't believe the Saleen 1-piece fits in the trunk.

1hot281

Established Member

There are 3 tabs at the rear that secure it to the trim, and a strap that attaches the the rear seat seatbelt buckles to hold it down to the car.

STC01-1.jpg

Without the style "light" bar, the top can slide forward under hard braking and hit the back of your headrests. People who don't have the style bar usually have to fabricate some sort of tabs to hold it from moving forward.

STC03-1.jpg

These tabs were needed on the 2004 Speedsters, because the 20th Anniversary tonneau cover had a low-rise integrated lightbar... attached to the tonneau cover itself, instead of being attached to the car.

Short_Bar3.gif

Short_Bar2.gif

and: No, it will not fit in the trunk. the Saleen cover is one piece and huge. There are stories of people fitting it in the cabin with the passenger seat folded flat. But i haven't tried that one personally.

1hot281

Established Member
Here you can see the height difference between the "standard" lightbar, attached to the car

hpim0075.gif

and the lowrise, attached to the tonneau

3n53kf3l15Y15V65Q4b5i6666f124fe621fcc.gif

JonnyWaters

Banned
1hot281, thanks for the killer info man! I'm planning to run it without a light bar so I will need to do a fabrication to keep it from flying forward. I'm really excited about getting one, but don't want to get my hopes up!

When the seats are all the way back do they rest against the cover? I am 6'4 so my seat is always all the way back.

1hot281

Established Member
1hot281, thanks for the killer info man! I'm planning to run it without a light bar so I will need to do a fabrication to keep it from flying forward. I'm really excited about getting one, but don't want to get my hopes up!

When the seats are all the way back do they rest against the cover? I am 6'4 so my seat is always all the way back.

The seats can go all the way back on their rails, but it's all about how far the seat backs are reclined... it might be close for your height. but it should be fine.

SLPCobra

Established Member
I had one for sale a while back they look great I just didn't use it much.
Very easy to install :rockon:

SLPCobra

Established Member
The seats can go all the way back on their rails, but it's all about how far the seat backs are reclined... it might be close for your height. but it should be fine.

+1 I'm 6'4 also and I fit fine with the cover on. Just don't expect to lean your seat back any!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread