Saleen Grille Inserts

RFM50

Established Member
Jose. Im pretty sure both American muscle and stage 3 had them in stock

Also mikestoyz id love to see the pictures. Im going back and forth between the way you did it and the kit i posted above... i like that the kit grille is metal though

Am doesn't even list them on there website anymore. When Steve Saleen took his company back they haulted production. I have heard from a few vendors that they are hopping they will start production again but it's not looking very promising.

turbosha

stirring the pot since'74
Established Member
I got a blue coyote sticker off eBay.
CDF8F0A9-F5D1-42CE-A9F5-22AE113CC38F-2949-00000193ACABCEE4.jpg

who needs radiator air flow:dw:

JC5_0

Thats the saleen grill with the stock GT fogs. The saleen grill has 2 already made cutouts that position the lights perfectly. I used the bracket that mounted the stock foglights to the stock GT grill. I cut off one leg of it that wasnt needed, then bought a $5 piece of aluminum to make a simple bracket to bolt to the current bracket.

The passenger side foglight harness either needs to be extended, or you must remove the plastic piece from inside the engine bay that is stopping the harness wires from feeding through further.
Was a easy project, and I like the look. The foglights fit nicely under the engine/hood shroud. I believe I took some pictures of the bracket and other stuff while I was doing it if you are interested.
Mike

JC5_0

Mike,

Do you have the pictures of the bracket you were referring to when you mentioned retaining the factory fogs? I've got the S197 Saleen grille and similar to your preference, i'd really like to retain the factory fogs hidden in the background.

Looking at my grille, I'm not sure I see the inserts you referred to with yours. Can I get some guidance on how/ever you affixed these factory brackets? Thank you

Thats the saleen grill with the stock GT fogs. The saleen grill has 2 already made cutouts that position the lights perfectly. I used the bracket that mounted the stock foglights to the stock GT grill. I cut off one leg of it that wasnt needed, then bought a $5 piece of aluminum to make a simple bracket to bolt to the current bracket.

The passenger side foglight harness either needs to be extended, or you must remove the plastic piece from inside the engine bay that is stopping the harness wires from feeding through further.
Was a easy project, and I like the look. The foglights fit nicely under the engine/hood shroud. I believe I took some pictures of the bracket and other stuff while I was doing it if you are interested.

Users who are viewing this thread