Sad little Cobra

Troyw1970

Good day new to site and new edge Cobras
I picked up a 2001 Cobra convertible with 91000 miles has a vortec v2 supercharger cated x pipe and borla attack cat back
car is a blast to drive. but i put in on a dyno and was shock to only pull 268 whp i check and super charger is blowing air.
i know nothing about supporting mods but it looks like injectors are not stock. so where should i start my diagnostic ?
thinking
plugs and coil packs
pull and clean air filter and mas air
any other thoughts

thanks

shurur

Established Member
268 rwhp is precisely what you would get na...sooo guessing sc is doing nothing.

I don't know FI at all..
FI members will chime in to help you.

Troyw1970

Datalog and A/FRs?
where would I get that info from ?
I know on my 2001 GT. I had STC tuner that I could us for info but don't have one for cobra and it has no gauges. I did replace plug and coils new air filter and cleaned mas air sensor ( its the stock one from factory) that helped a little should mas be bigger on a super charged car

Last edited:

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
where would I get that info from ?
I know on my 2001 GT. I had STC tuner that I could us for info but don't have one for cobra and it has no gauges. I did replace plug and coils new air filter and cleaned mas air sensor ( its the stock one from factory) that helped a little should mas be bigger on a super charged car

The tools to gather that data are basic and should be owned by anyone with an aftermarket supercharged vehicle. I suggest you pick them up, they will help you greatly in the future.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
need to get it back on the dyno checking as mentioned above - AFR, MAF counts, boost etc.... gather data and evaluate, hitting it with the parts cannon is not diagnosing. If you had coil and plug or dirty maf issues you'd have more problems than just down on power.

check all the charge piping from blower to TB that its sealed, make sure the bypass valve is closing when you blip the throttle.

Troyw1970

Update the car has an appointment with a dyno tuner in a month. hoping he can sort it out. He builds and tunes a lot of supercharged cars. The day a was in he was about to tune keen bell and he was recommended by a lot of guys running big powered mustangs so we shell see.
Thanks for you help

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Be sure to come back here after the dyno tune session and post a follow-up.

Troyw1970

66945943-0332-40DC-BE6B-FBB00C815B10.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread