Sad 1/4 times for my 96 Mystic :(

fast02gt

Established Member
Well I went to the track with the Mystic ( mods in sig MINUS the 410 gear, not installed yet) I ran 13.81 @ 103. The kicker is I ran that with cat-back and x pipe. Since then I added JLT CAI, SCT tuner, and Steeda U/P and somehow I gained nothing? I thought maybe the IMRC were stuck so I zip tied them open and it ran the same mph and time. Are my stock gears killing me THAT much??? I thought if anything I would have been around 105-106mph? I'm power shifting also..60 was 2.1 on street tires. I'm about to give up on the car guys help!!

fast02gt

Established Member
I've seen other N/A cobra with mods like ours running better MPH, ET depending on traction. I'm jus a little bit ticked off because after I added IDK 700 in parts I have no results :/

Max97COBRAtkd

Established Member
I am 100% convinced I just need more seat time and some stickier tires and I will be in the low 13's. Yesterday was the 2nd time I took this car to the track so I'm still getting used to it.

fast02gt

Established Member
Yea you have gears too. I'm on the stock 3:27. I have 4:10s sitting right here at the house just need to install them. Maybe that will be the key to set this car free. My damn bolt on 91 GT w/ gears/exhaust/tires ran 13.60's @ 103mph and that car has way less power, although it does weigh less.

mystical

Established Member
That's not too bad assuming you weren't spraying it lol. The gears aren't going to help you when you can't hook it as is. Get your 60' foot down by putting a tire on it and get rid of those heavy Saleens. That should get you in the low 13's. At that point, put in some 4.56's, trust me 4.10's are not enough for these cars.

fast02gt

Established Member
That's not too bad assuming you weren't spraying it lol. The gears aren't going to help you when you can't hook it as is. Get your 60' foot down by putting a tire on it and get rid of those heavy Saleens. That should get you in the low 13's. At that point, put in some 4.56's, trust me 4.10's are not enough for these cars.

I was not spraying on that pass. I sprayed once and went 13.3 at 108 with a 2.1 short time. I'm not going any steeper with the gear, I'm not going to race it much, just here and there.

AluminatorSnake

Established Member
Did you run it on chrome saleens? Going from a stock wheel that weighs 20lbs vs and 30lb 18" saleen will make a difference. You added 20lbs of rotational mass plus the weight is in a larger diameter using more power to rotate them.

Stopsign32v

Established Member
Yea you have gears too. I'm on the stock 3:27. I have 4:10s sitting right here at the house just need to install them. Maybe that will be the key to set this car free. My damn bolt on 91 GT w/ gears/exhaust/tires ran 13.60's @ 103mph and that car has way less power, although it does weigh less.

Look into a short runner intake. Also throw in some 4.56 gears if you are N/A and if you are on nitrous I say 4.30s. MAKE SURE YOU HAVE TIRE NEXT TIME!!!!!!! Throw on some 15x10 wheels in the rear and some ET Drags and I promise you the next time you post about track results this will be included...

"OMGZ Stopsign thank you so much for the advice! It's a beast now!!!"

SVTPete83

Established Member
With a ported intake, exhaust and 4.56's with some drag radials I was doing 12.70's at 108 all day. Def get some gears and sticky tires!

fast02gt

Established Member
Did you run it on chrome saleens? Going from a stock wheel that weighs 20lbs vs and 30lb 18" saleen will make a difference. You added 20lbs of rotational mass plus the weight is in a larger diameter using more power to rotate them.

I ran on the 18s. I know they are heavy, but the car is never going to be a race car just a quick street car that will hold its own.

fast02gt

Established Member
With a ported intake, exhaust and 4.56's with some drag radials I was doing 12.70's at 108 all day. Def get some gears and sticky tires!

I have what u have minus 456s and ported intake. I'll have 410s instead. I'll be content with 13.0-13.2 on motor. Thanks for all the replys!!!

Users who are viewing this thread