S550 Whipple as a daily

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I am starting to plan my next vehicle purchase. Right now I daily drive a 2017 Fusion Sport. I really like the car and I feel it makes a nice compliment to my Whippled 03 Cobra that sits in the garage mostly. For my next daily car I want to step up my game. Since I put a ton of $$$ into my 03 Cobra I am not interested in buying a car and putting $10-15 into it to make it fast. So I was thinking about buying one already built. Job wise I hope be in the position that I may only have a commute of 2-10 miles each way so I don't need to worry about putting a bunch of miles on the car or eating a lot of gas....heck I even have 2 E85 pumps within 2 miles of my house. So It got me thinking that maybe a well taken care of S550 with the power mods already done. Other possible choices could be a HellCat Charger, or something similar. I just want something fast, reliable, enough room for a 7 yr old to get in the back seat, and don't need to tinker with / no down time.

Any opinion one way or another?

Last edited:

OSU34

Established Member
Get something reliable like a truck or something that gets great gas mileage that you will not have to worry about and have the beast in the garage.

Seems like you have the need for speed lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
An acquaintance dailys an S550 with a Whipple. Makes somewhere in the 700 range through an auto. He added the blower and fuel system and I think Lund tuned it. He loves it.

I would drive the cars you're thinking about to see what you like.

Last edited:

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
Get something reliable like a truck or something that gets great gas mileage that you will not have to worry about and have the beast in the garage.

Seems like you have the need for speed lol

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com
Thought about a used F150 Raptor....that might be kind of fun. A fast car to beat up on imports sounds more fun for a daily. Plus I can use a truck whenever I want. Benefits of working at a car dealership.

Jake@Lethal

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Me personally, I would say maybe an older diesel truck? Then you have your self a tow pig as well. 2 birds with one stone in my opinion. Otherwise, can't go wrong with a 700HP sedan with a warranty lol

Users who are viewing this thread