S550 Track

Five.Oh

Established Member
Gents,

Just going to start this thread for us '15+ Mustang owners. I have a few questions my self so I thought I would reach out in the community. I'm playing with a Tri Yellow GT PP for some of you that may be different than what you have and that's ok. Most of my conversation will be about this model but please do contribute and share your thoughts even if you don't have this model Mustang.

Does anyone have a hood lift problem above 120 ish mph? I do, I feel like those heat extractors in the hood do not release enough of the positive pressure in the engine compartment. Maybe a larger heat extractor may help solve this? Or maybe its just part of the vehicles nature due to aerodynamic design. I ask this because a friend of mine passed me at a high rate of speed and while he was looking at my disappointed face he had noticed my hood was trying to lift up. For those of you that are going to ask "Was your hood actually closed" the answer is yes.

Rear brakes, not up to par with the massive 15" 6 pot Brembo units. Or at least that's how I feel about it. Way front bias. Anyone try the GT350 rear set up yet? Might be a better way to go over a track pad and slotted rotor all costs considered.

lastly or nearly lastly I have seen APR Has a fancy splitter for our cars.. Looks the part, but do we have any real world on track reviews? Some one must have had one installed and had a few solid track days with it by now I would imagine.

Sway bar and Coilover or spring and strut set up? What are you guys riding on and how is it?

Last edited:

Kartracer

Established Member
Hi, i am hoping to get the GT PP or a 1LE next year so I am very interested in the answer to your questions as well. One thing I can answer is you need to get some hoodpins, i saw a BMW lose the hood at about 130 and the damage was unbelievable. If you are not overheating then maybe no need for a vent but it couldn't hurt. Hopefully some others qill chime in.

VRYALT3R3D

Show me your Members
Established Member
Tiger Racing has a hood that helps with heat extraction for the 2015s. I have the same issue you had with my hood. I am considering getting it to remedy the issue(hopefully)

01FR500

HPDE
Established Member
This was on my SN95, but I was once black flagged because the corners of my hood were lifting up at high speeds. This was on a 13lb. carbon fiber hood so it was inherently not as stiff as a stock unit. Get some hood pins. I went with Aerocatch and have been very happy.

Users who are viewing this thread