S550 Top of the line to ditch Supercharger and Shelby name?

walt460

SN95 Judge
Established Member
I know Shelby is building a new larger facility off of I15 in Las Vegas, and moving everything from their exiting facilities near the race track into the new building. And we know that Shelby has a contract with Ford to build Shelby Mustangs post 2015.

What I have heard, and this is RUMOR, is that Ford will build the 2015 Mustang, but Shelby will be building all the "Shelby" versions in this new plant. Ford will be shipping 5.0L AND 3.7L cars to Shelby. Shelby is going to make several models at the new plant.

jes_csx

Established Member
What I have heard, and this is RUMOR, is that Ford will build the 2015 Mustang, but Shelby will be building all the "Shelby" versions in this new plant. Ford will be shipping 5.0L AND 3.7L cars to Shelby. Shelby is going to make several models at the new plant.
I can say with about 95% certainty that this is not true.
edit:
Let me clarify.
Shelby may build their own SE's, but they will not be building any specifically for Ford.

Last edited:

specizripn

Established Member
If edmunds is right and the new car is 400~ lbs lighter, which means its would need at least 590hp to keep the same power to weight. Sure people can make that kind of power with minor head porting, cams, bolt-ons with the current coyote but none of that could be done to a production car. Even with Direct Injection, I don't see ford making a reliable, cheap to manufacture engine that can put out 590 horse from the factory and meet all emissions and other standards. Would be badass though! So maybe they are going to take a step back in power and go closer to the 530-550 range and focus less on straight line speed, or maybe they are going to go with a taller deck and increase the displacement like the evolution from the 4.6 to the 5.4. Who knows, but hopefully it will be a very well rounded car. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread