S2K owners bashing about 03 Cobra quality

ZXnVS

Established Member
It takes some nerve for owners of an underpowered pipsqueak like the S2000 to slam the Cobra. One, in particular, was honest enough to admit that he had several quality issues with his Honda.

Brad

Banned
I hope they are kidding, the 03 handles like its on rails. Ill leave the part out where I beat an s2000 at epping by a football field.:D

raiders03

Banned
I shitted all over a s-2000 in my 01 Cobra. all I had was 4.10 gears not even my air silencer was removed. They want no part on a 03. I will start in second and win

Brad

Banned
Originally posted by raiders03
I shitted all over a s-2000 in my 01 Cobra. all I had was 4.10 gears not even my air silencer was removed. They want no part on a 03. I will start in second and win

Bottom line, an 03 would rape an s2000 in every way. I remember watching an 03 cobra run a c5 around the Bondurant School during the 03 intro back a few months ago. Also to boot, its not even fun racing an s2000 in a drag setting. I have run about 3 since I started dragging my 03, and it’s just a joke. Also having owned an 01 cobra, the s2000 was still no match for even that. With ease the 01 would walk any s2000 I ran into. Another point, I don’t know what makes them think their s2000 quality is so much better. I was about 2 seconds away from buying one when they first came out. The stereo is pathetic; the interior is no better than what we have. The lagged out electronic tac and speedo are a joke, and I did not enjoy having to rev the thing up to 6k just to pull into traffic. Lets not forget the 03 seats are nothing short of amazing. All in all, the s2000 is a nice little roadster for the wife, that’s about it. I love these guys who think they are “bad ass” in their s2000’s /rant off :coolman:

Elliotness

Established Member
Pretty funny if you ask me. I could care less what some other person thinks about my car. Especially people who lump all mustangs into one group like they are all the same. They can kiss my a$$.

mikes93cobra

Established Member
I have respect for the s2000 because i get to ride in one almost everyday and its a great car dont get me wrong, but its the owners that are being total jerks. One of my best friends owns a s2000 and i love pimping in it, he really wants a 03 cobra cause he loves Mustangs he is a all around car enthusiast. He is a member of that board but thinks most are pricks. O and he loves driving my cobra, so he really wants a stang he loves the torque feeling lol

mike

Machl

Established Member
Funny

If I wanted a motor that redlined at 8900 RPM..I'd buy a crotch rocket and enjoy that hi pitched whine, come to think of it I wouldn't even do that..Guys that put down the Cobra, are people afraid to have their a$$ handed to them on a silver platter..It's not even worth wasting a single breath over..Amazing how many people are brain washed into buying imports..

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I am surprised some of the s2000 owners would say comments like that. 3 of my friends have s2000's and they all have respect for the cobra. One of them has a turbo on his s2000 and he loves my car. Overall I think the s2000 owners are great people, but theres always the ones that mess it up for others.

kino

Established Member
KevinJKD, I'm with you on that one. I read that thread a few days ago. We all have to understand that no matter where you go, a few losers are always around. You'll see that in any website.

One thing I do object to is the 'quality' issues. While Mustangs are problably one of Ford's worst initial quality cars, I have seen quite a few old mustangs running aorund on the roads, heavily modded ones at that too.
If Ford quality is so horrible, why, especially since the last couple years have been extremely bad for Ford, dropping from Number 3 to number 7 on JD Powers Initial Quality list, how is it that Ford is number 3 in number of cars winning JD Power's Initial Quality awards? Gm is second with ONE more than Ford than number one is Toyota.

CobraTone

Established Member
Heh, I used to run s2000's in my GT! Haven't found one yet in my new Cobra, but I'm sure the day will come, and it won't be pretty.

93cobra03

Established Member
What pisses me off is the Anti- Americanism. One guy said we couldn't build shit here. That was posted several times and it is plain wrong to say. Honda of America builds most of its cars here not in Japan. I have no problem w/ Japan but Americans that put down our own products is wrong. The rest of the world did not make better cars just simpler ones using a better business model and in the end we still outsell them 100 to 1. I hope people do not share this view as we have lost many citizens to protect and rebuild thier nations and in this day we are one of the few that still build the weapons that insures the worlds Freedom. Now let's just hope that people like that do not keep us from using it .

Silver 03 Cobra

Same attitude that would say crap like that thinks Willie was a good president. Willie was worried about his legacy and spent 8 years working on it. He spent some of it on a purple dress and the rest is a big hole where the trade Centers stood.

93cobra03

Established Member
So true and thank God I still am registered to vote in Fl. who would have known that one vote does make a difference. We must listen to the same radio.

JKD COBRA

The 6th Deadly Venom
Established Member
I wouldn't consider the s2000 a ricer. Its not that we care so much, its just this, if they are going to say there part we are going to say our part.

I think all the american car bashing started with the 94gt's (and the 96-98gt's didn't help either, I know because I had one) If someone does not agree please let me know. But I think the average mustang owner thought that with his V8 he had a fast enough car. But when the civics and integras started using nitrous they found out that it wasn't that hard to beat a heavy 215-225hp mustang with a small civic. So all the imports picked on the 96-98gt's. Now that the supras are all switching to single turbo's for over 600rwhp, the coment "mustangs are slow" is becoming an everyday thing. It really bothers me. Last saturday I was cruising around tampa with my friends and the cars they hang out with and all of them are fast imports (turbo s2000, 2 600+rwhp supra's, a couple 450rwhp supras, three 450-550rwhp NSX's, and a lotus.) Also, last sat happend to be a big supra meet so there were a few 750rwhp supras and 2 or 3 900+rwhp! I think this is why people don't give respect to mustangs anymore. Everytime a mustang drove by all those guys would say some kind of comment.

I am not saying mustangs can't do this because they CAN. Its just that the mustangs that do make that kind of power are usually made into strictly track cars and not driven by the young crowd. The more mature mustang racer does not care about the little street races because it can be dangerous so he or she just takes it to the track and at the track mustang are just as fast as anything, but on the street its becoming different. Most of the mustangs the supras meet on the street are just gt's with some bolt ons or some nos. But I hope I can bring back some respect to the mustang in my area.

Anyone else feeling the same way? Sorry, I just had to vent, I was really pissed about some of the stuff I heard.

kino

Established Member
true, very true

Also bear in mind half of those cars mentioned were FI from the factory. Easy to push out 400 rwhp with 1500 to 2000 in parts.
TO make a GT run hard like that would cost twice that much.
I think what Ford ought to do is FI more mustangs.....that will change some tunes

Users who are viewing this thread