S2000 vs. Cobra... on a track

D a m i e n

Established Member
and no, not a straight track... one with curves!:D Apparently people think the S2000 looks small and light and therefore handles well and is fast, but how does it actually compare to the Cobra on an actual track? I can't find any times to compare the two anywhere other than slalom times, which may or may not be related in any way..? Does anyone know how an S2000 compares to a Cobra on a track and can you back it up in any way?:shrug:

03CobraBro

Established Member
Basically the S2000 will win on a road course with more curves, and the Cobra will win on a road course with longer straights.

STAMPEDE3

SAULS BROTHER
Super Moderator
One word, Driver, Driver, Driver. No, two words Driver and track, I run my 96 at my local track, both on the 1.8mile 14 turn and on the 1/2mile 5 turn tracks, there are usually 3 guys with S2000s who are there every lapping day. on the 1.8 mile it's usually me pulling away pretty steady, on the half mile, in 5 laps with a 10sec. starting space between us I will normally catch or lap 2 of the 3. But one of the guys is an extremly good driver and I find myself gaining on him but 5 laps is not enough to catch him. He does have some mods though. as do I. I would think the newer cobras with IRS should hand him his but with a good driver.

silveroush281

ITBLOWZBYE
Established Member
there's a yellow one here in town ,not sure on year,but there quick im not a cobra ,but it took me to third to pull a car on him.

SVT Cobra

Established Member
as stampede has said, its all about the driver and the track. personally i think its more of the driver- if he knows how to throw the Cobra in the corner effectively, its over for the s2000. granted the honda handles well, the Cobra's power is just too great compared to the s2000 for it to get away, and the s2000 would have to come out of the corner revving at 8,000+rpm to stay in its powerband.

Hellspawn

Established Member
the s2000 is a go-cart. if the course is real curvy without straights, the cobra won't stand a chance depite it's power advantages.

Of course, if there are some straights (which benefit the cobra) and some curves (which benefit the s2k) then it is a drivers race, but pure twisties the cobra can't hang.

03CobraBro

Established Member
There's a guy I talked to a while back via PM that actually races his Cobra on road courses on a regular basis... Ironically in reference to the thread title, he used to drive an S2000. Hopefully he'll make a comment.

Basically what he said on the longer tracks the Cobra will win, on the smaller tracks the S2000 will win. (I dont want to say anymore than that in case im not remembering correctly)

Users who are viewing this thread