S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

GTstangfiveoh

Established Member
oh and i found the LACR rules:

Roll Cages required on convertibles running 10.99 or faster than 135mph. Roll Cages required on all cars running 10.99 or faster than 135mph.

There is ZERO chance that his car can run in the 10's.

But IF it could go that fast he would easily smoke the GT500 so if he gets a big lead he can just backpeddle it.

No more excuses. Seems better to drive for an hour to the track than to be a dick on the street and have the cops take your car. Plus the track has timing, post a winning slip and we would bow down to your mighty honda.

Run it on the track or shut up.

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
what kind of track is lacr?? ihra or something else? my track just had new rules stating 11.49 or faster is cage of some specs. if you trap 135 or faster than 9.99, then you need a full 10-12 point or something like that

his car probly will trap near if not over 130 as is tho with a good launch

everyone says he'll brake parts all over the track..rear end will blow... does anyone actually know how much the factory rear can handle??? or how much the trans can handle? if we dont know for sure, then we cant say anything like those comments

TEABG

Banned
Orr89rocz said:
what kind of track is lacr?? ihra or something else? my track just had new rules stating 11.49 or faster is cage of some specs. if you trap 135 or faster than 9.99, then you need a full 10-12 point or something like that

his car probly will trap near if not over 130 as is tho with a good launch

everyone says he'll brake parts all over the track..rear end will blow... does anyone actually know how much the factory rear can handle??? or how much the trans can handle? if we dont know for sure, then we cant say anything like those comments

Manufactures usually over engineer 20%. S2000 is wayyy fast that!

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
damn, better than our chevy boys... under engineering 10% with that 7.625inch 10bolt rear end... stock boys are breakin them on slicks with a stick!!

10 bolt was just fine in the 80s with all 230hp, but you'd think like 10 years later and 120more hp they'd get it right and stuff in a 12 bolt

Last edited:

ZnusNV

Established Member
Sage said:
Again, you guys are getting off track. This thread started because Sideways beat a GT500 and everyone didn't believe it. Then a couple of guys challenged him to a race. Cool. But then they want HIM to drive an hour to their track, knowing he's in a convertable and he'd get kicked out.

It's like all those idiots that challenged the AMS Evo to a race then told him to go where they are? Are you kidding me? If they want to race that Evo, then drive to Florida and race him. They challenged him, he shouldn't have to go anywhere.

Sideways has already said he'll race, just go down to him. I've got a lot of friends on this board and even a couple argueing on the opposite side that I am! So if this thread is going to ever end, then somebody with a GT500 go down to Crystal Cove and do this. I mean, if anybody challenge YOU, would you seriously drive an hour to race them? Sideways is constantly around exotic cars, he's not going to drive an hour to race a Mustang. Please.

:beer:

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
Almo said:
That is what I was trying to point out... saying you would respect someone's ride if it was quick and THEY doing all they could to tweak their rides performance yet the guy stating this has had someone else do everything for him. :shrug:

Joe Alaniz built my head and did a fine job of it. I don't claim to have ported the head. I know when to use others expertise. I did do plenty of other things that add to the final setup and am damn proud of what I have accomplished so far. To state " has had someone else do everything for him" is simply not correct.

I don't need to run another Mustang. I've run several already and have always prevailed.

sawman70

Something Witty!
Established Member
Sideways said:
I don't need to run another Mustang. I've run several already and have always prevailed.

Again, proving your an a-hole looking for a fight.

Get a hug from daddy and leave us alone already.

SVTStrikesBack

Last One Standing
Established Member
I'm not reading all the sillyness that has probaly gone on in these 22 pages, and I'll probaly have to unsubscribe to this so my mailbox doesn't overfill with notification from you guys fighting with each other, but I have a small comment to make. The guy in the S200 has the same type of personality that the GT500 driver does. If you have a sleeper, or even a riced out S2000 that runs 10's, why after you beat him, do you take on his attitude? Why not just be the better man, let him go about his business, now in check.

For reference, no stock S2000 on Earth, freak or not, could even tell what state a GT500 driver was from after 3 seconds of racing one. So the guy haas every right to think he could blow you off. For the most part, LS1's are faster than my car when it was stock. When I roast one, I still complement their car and the usually do the same. If not, I just laugh and go on. Ueah, the cocky ones do warrant a post here and there, but I don't think it's necessary to do so in such a manner that insults them, and then insults their car and all those like it and all that drive those cars.

The problem is they need role models. Go wathc Gone in 60 seconds to find out what I mean. If you are going to try to do something that has been cool and been done long before you came along, don't show up on the scene with an attitude that puts you i the same catagory as those you ridicule. Just a thought.

Blue03Cobra

The Family Dinner Improv
Established Member
The thread doesn't die because suckers keep feeding the flames...

HOWEVER, I've seen enough. 23 pages? Pathetic. Some of you should be ashamed. IF the race, ANY race ever happens, feel free to start a new thread to report it...

CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread