S2000 vs. 2007 Shelby GT500

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2odoc

Established Member
TEABG said:
My friend has this and I know this person who has this. BLA BLA BLALALALA. You ever SHUT UP?

jeezus. if you want smart guy, ill bring my car down there. give you 5 cars and the hit. and smoke your ass. then youll shut up. i guess it doesnt help to use the credability of people far faster than yourself. edification makes no sense to uneducated folk.
i hope you get the guts up to race sideways, and stop bench racing. then i might respect you also. later

n2odoc

Established Member
Almo said:
I know more than a few guys in here and coming in posting something like this is very arrogant, especially with your "I hang with guys running 1500 WHP" line. :rollseyes You're not gaining anything here by trying to boast a superior attitude. Matter of fact, you come off like a typical ricer if you ask me and it doesn't help you and your fellow S2000 owner's images. I'm just saying though!

sorry. i only speak the truth. if it hurts your feeling put me on ignore. i cant have respect, when on the s2000 board, everyone digs cobras. here, everyone trash talks the s2k? hmmm, yeah. sounds like i should pick flowers and be nice. i dont think so. but hey. to each his own. just dont think i wont defend my territory. :p later

Orr89rocz

WTF
Established Member
i hope you get the guts up to race sideways, and stop bench racing. then i might respect you also. later

no one does....the races arent goin to happen... so /thread

TEABG

Banned
n2odoc said:
jeezus. if you want smart guy, ill bring my car down there. give you 5 cars and the hit. and smoke your ass. then youll shut up. i guess it doesnt help to use the credability of people far faster than yourself. edification makes no sense to uneducated folk.

Did you say folk? HAHAHAH

Almo

Established Member
n2odoc said:
sorry. i only speak the truth. if it hurts your feeling put me on ignore. i cant have respect, when on the s2000 board, everyone digs cobras. here, everyone trash talks the s2k? hmmm, yeah. sounds like i should pick flowers and be nice. i dont think so. but hey. to each his own. just dont think i wont defend my territory. :p later

Hurt my feelings; hardly! Have me thinking you fit right in with the rice crowd with your arrogant post... a sure thing! You speak as all of us are totally against anything except a Mustang and or Ford. I remind you, they're lots and lots of folks here that are true enthusiasts and this site is home to many people owning different makes and models that fit very well together. And well, they're some that do not, you my friend wouldn't be one of those people! Sorry if the truth hurts. :-D

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
n2odoc said:
god, looking back at this thread. there are so many bucktoothed rednecks in here. ive never seen so many hateful misinformed people in my life. i hang with some of the fastest guys in the country. and none of them is this stupid. or has this arrogant attitude. there are cars at our sunday meets (crystal cove style) that have over 1500 whp. none of them are like these guys. id have to guess 99% of the guys in the thread, are bench racers. im used to dealing with guys like this, when i take my other car out, but now that the internet has really taken off, it has focused the *V8's are the best* crowd. and man, they havent changed since the 50s.
later V

Yea, this is proof that you are so much better than everyone here. Lets see; you call everyone on here stupid, you further insult us by saying pretty much everyone is a bench racer (which is just an asinine comment), call us "bucktoothed rednecks," and try to prove your E-dick is bigger than everyone else's by making irrelevant comments of how you hang out a Crystal Cove with your 1500 HP buddies, and you have to "deal" with guys like us when you bring out your "other" car. Please, you are one of the most arrogant people on here and your comments are juvenile at best.

Also, as already stated, most of us (if not all) respect any fast car but when it is shown in this light you have to expect a flame war.

And give me a break, I have seen the comments being made on S2000 board and those are just as disrespectful so don't act like you guys are better than anyone. Plus the fact you have Sideways on here trying to stir shit up by saying we don't have enough HP being produced by our big engines and how he would be ashamed to drive something like that :bored:. That is just a jackass comment that was meant to do one thing.

Last edited:

Sideways

Faster than you.
Established Member
Snagged said:
...... most of us (if not all) respect any fast car....
Plus the fact you have Sideways on here trying to stir shit up by saying we don't have enough HP being produced by our big engines and how he would be ashamed to drive something like that :bored:.

How many evenings and weekends have you spent hand porting, fabricating or personally tweeking other aspects of your engine to improve output over what a few bolt on parts will do? There is certainly more to going fast than buying a stock car no matter what power level or adding a few parts out of a catalog.

When you get into your engine and put forth the effort to more than double or even triple the factory output I will very much respect your efforts and acknowledge such. :)

Snagged said:
That is just a jackass comment that was meant to do one thing.

That "jackass comment" was in response to "no it wont..... 2.2 sucks....try 4.6". That one thing you are referring to (in my view) is to create more power from your displacement and not to start a feud. Try it and you will like it.

Almo

Established Member
Sideways said:
How many evenings and weekends have you spent hand porting, fabricating or personally tweeking other aspects of your engine to improve output over what a few bolt on parts will do? There is certainly more to going fast than buying a stock car no matter what power level or adding a few parts out of a catalog.

When you get into your engine and put forth the effort to more than double or even triple the factory output I will very much respect your efforts and acknowledge such. :)

I truly don't understand the analogy here... you're saying you would respect such if they would take the time to port and tweek their cars to boost the output of performance yet wasn't most of your work done by Alaniz, not yourself? :shrug:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Almo said:
I truly don't understand the analogy here... you're saying you would respect such if they would take the time to port and tweek their cars to boost the output of performance yet wasn't most of your work done by Alaniz, not yourself? :shrug:

Its hardly respectable to have someone else do the work for you :shrug:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
Orr89rocz said:
doesnt seem like it, from all the responses in this thread so far lol

He definately doesnt speak for everyone else on here, pretty much anytime someone posts up a car that isnt a mustang people start with the "at the end of the day its still JUST a XXX" like the mustang is such a great car in itself. And then the rest of the tough guys follow suit, and the funny thing is, about 99% of the people who make comments like that are the ones who dont make near the power it does.

Just look at how this thread started out, look and see who it was who started the ignorant comments and what was said...

Almo

Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
Its hardly respectable to have someone else do the work for you :shrug:

That is what I was trying to point out... saying you would respect someone's ride if it was quick and THEY doing all they could to tweak their rides performance yet the guy stating this has had someone else do everything for him. :shrug:

JD_Z28

Established Member
Almo said:
That is what I was trying to point out... saying you would respect someone's ride if it was quick and THEY doing all they could to tweak their rides performance yet the guy stating this has had someone else do everything for him. :shrug:

Its just sad :( We all know any car can be fast with the right amount of $ put in it so whats there to brag about. Some one stated earlier that sideways car is probably in the low 11's or even 10's. If sideways car is putting down 45x whp there is no way he's going to reach 10's without breaking the rear end. I would guess his car is only good for low 12's.

Last edited:

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
JD_Z28 said:
Its just sad :( We all know any car can be fast with the right amount of $ put in it so whats there to brag about. Some stated earlier that sideways car is probably in the low 11's or even 10's. If sideways car is putting down 45x whp there is no way he's going to reach 10's without breaking the rear end. I would guess his car is only good for low 12's.

:shrug:

Sage

Established Member
Again, you guys are getting off track. This thread started because Sideways beat a GT500 and everyone didn't believe it. Then a couple of guys challenged him to a race. Cool. But then they want HIM to drive an hour to their track, knowing he's in a convertable and he'd get kicked out.

It's like all those idiots that challenged the AMS Evo to a race then told him to go where they are? Are you kidding me? If they want to race that Evo, then drive to Florida and race him. They challenged him, he shouldn't have to go anywhere.

Sideways has already said he'll race, just go down to him. I've got a lot of friends on this board and even a couple argueing on the opposite side that I am! So if this thread is going to ever end, then somebody with a GT500 go down to Crystal Cove and do this. I mean, if anybody challenge YOU, would you seriously drive an hour to race them? Sideways is constantly around exotic cars, he's not going to drive an hour to race a Mustang. Please.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Sideways said:

I have no clue how this is relevant to what I stated. I never said I didn't respect people that work on their cars or that I didn't respect yours; if anything I stated the contrary. So I have no idea where you are going with this. :shrug:

But anywho, I have spent many nights working on my cars to improve their performance (mainly on my 94 GT). As for fabricating and porting, no, I haven’t messed with that at all.

Sideways said:

I am all for modding a car in which neither my old 94 GT nor Cobra were/are stock. I also have great respect towards a car that can produce high numbers and yet remain street able and reliable. Having something that may grenade at anytime does not interest me.

Sideways said:
That "jackass comment" was in response to "no it wont..... 2.2 sucks....try 4.6". That one thing you are referring to (in my view) is to create more power from your displacement and not to start a feud. Try it and you will like it.

To this I will say we all know your feeling and intention with it and I will just leave it at that.

As far as getting the most out of your engine, that is great what you did with yours and it is something you should be proud of. You prove a S2000 can be made fast if you have enough money and time. It shows those engines have potential. But we all seek to get the most out of our cars and some have better potential than others. And I am sure everyone on this site seeking that goal one way or another. After all modding is the name of the game and there is no replacement for displacement. =-)

Orr89rocz said:
doesnt seem like it, from all the responses in this thread so far lol

Well as you can see this thread has turned into a flame war so I can't imagine too many people saying nice things about an import they really don't care for in the first place. But when things are civil plenty of people on here recognize a nicely modded car of any type and show respect for it.

Last edited:

JD_Z28

Established Member
As far as getting the most out of your engine, that is great what you did with yours and it is something you should be proud of. You prove a S2000 can be made fast if you have enough money and time. It shows those engines have potential. But we all seek to get the most out of our cars and some have better potential than others. And I am sure everyone on this site seeking that goal one way or another. After all modding is the name of the game and there is no replacement for displacement. =-)
Couldn't of said it better my self :thumbsup:

Klay

Established Member
Sage said:
Again, you guys are getting off track. This thread started because Sideways beat a GT500 and everyone didn't believe it. Then a couple of guys challenged him to a race. Cool. But then they want HIM to drive an hour to their track, knowing he's in a convertable and he'd get kicked out.

It's like all those idiots that challenged the AMS Evo to a race then told him to go where they are? Are you kidding me? If they want to race that Evo, then drive to Florida and race him. They challenged him, he shouldn't have to go anywhere.

Sideways has already said he'll race, just go down to him. I've got a lot of friends on this board and even a couple argueing on the opposite side that I am! So if this thread is going to ever end, then somebody with a GT500 go down to Crystal Cove and do this. I mean, if anybody challenge YOU, would you seriously drive an hour to race them? Sideways is constantly around exotic cars, he's not going to drive an hour to race a Mustang. Please.

Actually, I believe sideways initiated the challenge by saying he can beat most cars on this board once people starting getting rude with him (or his lackeys could have said it). A couple people said they would race him but only at a track. I don't see how that is asking for too much? Why would someone go drive an HOUR to go race illegally on the street when they go to a track and do it legally?

GTstangfiveoh

Established Member
He cant run on a track because his car would scatter parts all over the place.

Honda goes :pop: and hes lookin for a ride back home.

Nasty Notch

Resident Dissident
Established Member
GTstangfiveoh said:
He cant run on a track because his car would scatter parts all over the place.

Honda goes :pop: and hes lookin for a ride back home.

lol, another :smmon: to stir the pot, how cute.

See how I can try and be witty too with cleverly placed smilies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread